Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Ray Sheppard <rs...@iu.edu> on 2017/05/19 11:35:39 UTC

Compiling from source with no previous Maven installed.

Hello,
   I have tried to find the proper directions in the documentation.
However, all documentation seems to assume there is already a Maven
installed or that I am simply installing binaries.  I am on an AMD/ XK-7
Cray.  I can not just plug in generic binaries and hope they understand
the CLE 5.2 operating system.  However, there is no previous Maven
installed.  I have installed JAVA JDK 1.8.0 already. Any help appreciated.
Thanks,
Ray

Re: Compiling from source with no previous Maven installed.

Posted by Hervé BOUTEMY <he...@free.fr>.
for Maven versions before 3.5, there is an Ant build

Regards,

Hervé

Posted by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com>.
Maven is 100% Java. If you have a working JDK, you can expect any
binary Maven distro to unpack and then be usable to build other
versions. if you don't have a working JDK, you can't use Maven.