Posted to dev@whirr.apache.org by Rodrigo Nogueira <ra...@gmail.com> on 2012/03/28 17:19:34 UTC

GsoC issue: #214.

Hi guys,

I am a undergraduate student of computer science from Portugal. I am currently doing research related to large scale data processing.
I've looked at Whirr gsoc ideas and this one ( https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WHIRR-214 )  really took my attention.

This idea seems to have a significant relevance to the Whirr project and I really want to give my contribute through Gsoc.

The possibility of whirr add or remove nodes in runtime is very good, on this way the user can manage your cluster and do what is better in a certain time. In the other words adapt the number of nodes as required the computation level that are needed.
And I am very excited with this possibility.

Also I am looking for a mentor to help me along those months to do a good work.

Best regards.

Rodrigo Nogueira