Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Al Anderson <al...@hotmail.com> on 2006/09/11 15:33:39 UTC

Keyword Substitution - Revision Messages

Is it possible to expand on the message that is entered when committing a revision, using Keyword substitution? Or even get a list of Recent messages for a file?

I basically would like to be able to have all messages written to the file that is being committed, to maintain a description of the history of the revisions and describe the changes made.Al Anderson al_c_anderson@hotmail.com ------------------------------------------------------- non scholæ sed vitæ discimus "we do not learn for school, but for life" [Seneca]
Use Messenger to talk to your IM friends, even those on Yahoo!
http://ideas.live.com/programpage.aspx?versionId=7adb59de-a857-45ba-81cc-685ee3e858fe

Re: Keyword Substitution - Revision Messages

Posted by Andy Levy <an...@gmail.com>.
On 9/11/06, Al Anderson <al...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Is it possible to expand on the message that is entered when committing a
> revision, using Keyword substitution? Or even get a list of Recent messages
> for a file?
>
>  I basically would like to be able to have all messages written to the file
> that is being committed, to maintain a description of the history of the
> revisions and describe the changes made.

http://subversion.tigris.org/faq.html#log-in-source

The history of the file is available from svn log.

Re: Keyword Substitution - Revision Messages

Posted by Ryan Schmidt <su...@ryandesign.com>.
On Sep 11, 2006, at 17:33, Al Anderson wrote:

> Is it possible to expand on the message that is entered when
> committing a revision, using Keyword substitution? Or even get a
> list of Recent messages for a file?
>
> I basically would like to be able to have all messages written to
> the file that is being committed, to maintain a description of the
> history of the revisions and describe the changes made.

Is this what you're asking?

http://subversion.tigris.org/faq.html#log-in-source