Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Dr Katherine Phelps <mu...@glasswings.com.au> on 2013/07/03 01:47:20 UTC

Incomplete Answer (from Dr Katherine Phelps)

On this page:

http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/FAQ/Writer/GraphicsFramesObjects/How_can_I_rotate_a_graphic_with_a_given_angle

You answer by telling the person how to rotate a graphic. You do not tell them how to achieve a specific angle of rotation. If I want to rotate my object exactly ninety degrees, the software does not seem to make it possible to achieve that level of exactitude. I will carefully move the mouse and get 89.95 or 91.20, but never quite ninety on the dot.

So, how can I get ninety?

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Dr Katherine Phelps

Re: Incomplete Answer (from Dr Katherine Phelps)

Posted by "F C. Costero" <fj...@gmail.com>.
Hello!! One possible solution - you can hold the shift key while rotating
to limit the movement to 15 degree increments. Also, you can probably get
better support for user questions on the user mailing list or the user
forum (http://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/)
Best regards,
Francis