Posted to dev@clerezza.apache.org by Reto Bachmann-Gmuer <re...@trialox.org> on 2011/05/16 21:43:01 UTC

WebId Testsuite

Seeing that CLEREZZA-479 is resolved I wanted to review it. I didn't
find the documentation on how to use the test-suite, I would have
hopes that there is a documentation.nt file in the META-INF directory
of the new bundle.

How does the tesuite works?

CHeers,
Reto

Re: WebId Testsuite

Posted by Henry Story <he...@bblfish.net>.
Thanks a lot for checking Sergio!

On 17 May 2011, at 10:23, Sergio Fernández wrote:

> On 17 May 2011 00:31, Henry Story <he...@bblfish.net> wrote:
>> Could this be a problem introduced by some recent changes of yours?
>
> I got it working on last week (r1102485) with the following
> instructions on the console (by Henry):
>
> zz> :f install mvn:org.apache.clerezza/platform.security.foafssl.test/0.1-incubating-SNAPSHOT
> Bundle ID: 135
> zz> :f start 135
>
> Accessing both https://localhost:8443/test/WebId and
> https://localhost:8443/test/WebId/n3
>
> I've just made update (r1104010), clean the cache and rebuild the
> platform, ant the suite test is still working on my computer. So maybe
> it's something wrong on your working copy, Reto, I don't know...
>
> Cheers,
>
> --
> __      ___ _   _
> \ \    / (_) |_(_)___ _ _
>  \ \/\/ /| | / / / -_) '_|  Sergio Fernández
>   \_/\_/ |_|_\_\_\___|_|    http://www.wikier.org/

Social Web Architect
http://bblfish.net/

Re: WebId Testsuite

Posted by Sergio Fernández <se...@wikier.org>.

Re: WebId Testsuite

Posted by Henry Story <he...@bblfish.net>.
On 17 May 2011, at 00:31, Henry Story wrote:

> On 16 May 2011, at 22:53, Reto Bachmann-Gmuer wrote:

>> > Try going to /test/WebId then.
>>
>> With the newest launcher I have exactly the same problem.
>
> Could this be a problem introduced by some recent changes of yours?
>
> It is working for me on https://bblfish.net:8443/test/WebId

Well I'll look at it in the coming days.

Henry

>> > Could you fill in that documentation?
>>
>> No the task of the reviewer is to make sure that (taken from http://wiki.trialox.org/confluence/display/DEV/Committing,+versioning+and+code+reviewing):
>> The code conforms to the coding guidelines
>> Tests demonstrate the correct working of the code (in terms of the issue to be resolved)
>> The code is a minimal solution solving the issue at hand
>> The documentation is complete and concise
>> The design is reasonably elegant (i.e. it doesn't stink, http://c2.com/cgi/wiki?CodeSmell)
>> The code contains no duplication
>> Typo in comments may be corrected directly; other changes should be suggested to the resolver of the issue
>> So I think the best way to reviews is to start by comparing the documentation with the goal of the issue, try out the implementation to see that it works as documented and as a last step look at the code to check for the design of the code, etc.
>>
>> Documenting the solution is a crucial part of resolving an issue. If documentation and implementation are split into two issues then the documentation issue is the one that has to be resolved first (documentation as specification).
>>
>> Reto
>
> Social Web Architect
> http://bblfish.net/

Social Web Architect
http://bblfish.net/

Re: WebId Testsuite

Posted by Henry Story <he...@bblfish.net>.
On 16 May 2011, at 22:53, Reto Bachmann-Gmuer wrote:

> On Mon, May 16, 2011 at 10:34 PM, Henry Story <he...@bblfish.net> wrote:
> >
> > On 16 May 2011, at 22:26, Reto Bachmann-Gmuer wrote:
> >
> >> Yes, is is active (the start command would complain if activation
> >> fails). Just tried again with the newest launcher available for
> >> download.
> >

> > Try going to /test/WebId then.
>
> With the newest launcher I have exactly the same problem.

Could this be a problem introduced by some recent changes of yours?

It is working for me on https://bblfish.net:8443/test/WebId

> >> reopening issue.
> >
> > Could you fill in that documentation?
>
> No the task of the reviewer is to make sure that (taken from http://wiki.trialox.org/confluence/display/DEV/Committing,+versioning+and+code+reviewing):
> The code conforms to the coding guidelines
> Tests demonstrate the correct working of the code (in terms of the issue to be resolved)
> The code is a minimal solution solving the issue at hand
> The documentation is complete and concise
> The design is reasonably elegant (i.e. it doesn't stink, http://c2.com/cgi/wiki?CodeSmell)
> The code contains no duplication
> Typo in comments may be corrected directly; other changes should be suggested to the resolver of the issue
> So I think the best way to reviews is to start by comparing the documentation with the goal of the issue, try out the implementation to see that it works as documented and as a last step look at the code to check for the design of the code, etc.
>
> Documenting the solution is a crucial part of resolving an issue. If documentation and implementation are split into two issues then the documentation issue is the one that has to be resolved first (documentation as specification).
>
> Reto

Social Web Architect
http://bblfish.net/

Re: WebId Testsuite

Posted by Reto Bachmann-Gmuer <re...@trialox.org>.
wrote:

> On 16 May 2011, at 22:26, Reto Bachmann-Gmuer wrote:
>
>> Yes, is is active (the start command would complain if activation
>> fails). Just tried again with the newest launcher available for
>> download.
>

> Try going to /test/WebId then.

With the newest launcher I have exactly the same problem.

>> reopening issue.
>
> Could you fill in that documentation?

No the task of the reviewer is to make sure that (taken from
http://wiki.trialox.org/confluence/display/DEV/Committing,+versioning+and+code+reviewing
):

Re: WebId Testsuite

Posted by Henry Story <he...@bblfish.net>.
On 16 May 2011, at 22:26, Reto Bachmann-Gmuer wrote:

> Yes, is is active (the start command would complain if activation
> fails). Just tried again with the newest launcher available for
> download.

Try going to /test/WebId then.

> reopening issue.

Could you fill in that documentation?

Henry

> Reto
>
> On Mon, May 16, 2011 at 10:17 PM, Henry Story <he...@bblfish.net> wrote:

>>> okay, here I'm getting a text/plain document with the content:
>>>
>>> java.security.PrivilegedActionException:
>>> javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException:
>>> sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path building failed:
>>> sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to
>>> find valid certification path to requested target
>>
>> Are you sure you started it Reto?
>> Check with
>>
>> :f ps
>>
>> It would be good if it started automatically, and with better
>> toducmentation and better look. Please file those enhancement
>> requests.
>>
>> Henry
>>

>>> Reto

Social Web Architect
http://bblfish.net/

Re: WebId Testsuite

Posted by Reto Bachmann-Gmuer <re...@trialox.org>.

Re: WebId Testsuite

Posted by Henry Story <he...@bblfish.net>.
On 16 May 2011, at 22:03, Reto Bachmann-Gmuer wrote:

> Well the step of installing the bundle and going to this URI isn't
> self explanatory so even if the interface there is, there should still
> be some documentation expalining how to get there. Currently I'm still
> getting  a 404 on http://localhost:8080/test/WebID even after entering
> start("mvn:org.apache.clerezza/platform.security.foafssl.test") on the
> console.

Perhaps you go to the https port?

Henry

> Reto
>

> On Mon, May 16, 2011 at 9:50 PM, Henry Story <he...@bblfish.net> wrote:
>>
>> On 16 May 2011, at 21:43, Reto Bachmann-Gmuer wrote:
>>
>>> Seeing that CLEREZZA-479 is resolved I wanted to review it. I didn't
>>> find the documentation on how to use the test-suite, I would have
>>> hopes that there is a documentation.nt file in the META-INF directory
>>> of the new bundle.
>>>
>>> How does the tesuite works?
>>
>> You go to /test/WebID and it tells you everything.
>>
>> You can get different representations. The ontologies are documented on the W3C,
>> and as the test suites evolve we will have more docs.
>>

>>> CHeers,
>>> Reto
>>
>> Social Web Architect
>> http://bblfish.net/

Social Web Architect
http://bblfish.net/

Re: WebId Testsuite

Posted by Reto Bachmann-Gmuer <re...@trialox.org>.

Re: WebId Testsuite

Posted by Hasan Hasan <ha...@trialox.org>.
Hi Sergio,

would be great if you could help solving ZZ-474.

Cheers
Hasan

Re: WebId Testsuite

Posted by Reto Bachmann-Gmuer <re...@trialox.org>.

Re: WebId Testsuite

Posted by Henry Story <he...@bblfish.net>.
On 17 May 2011, at 15:54, Sergio Fernández wrote:

> On 17 May 2011 12:27, Reto Bachmann-Gmuer <re...@trialox.org> wrote:
>> Gotcha! it's /test/WebId (lower case final d)
>
> :-O
>
>> Well, I think its really important to proceed in small issues that can
>> rapidly be closed.  I suggest to narrow the scope of CLEREZZA-479 (remove
>> the second goal "to build test suites to test the local webid
>> implementations." and maybe talk about a diagnostic page rather than a Test
>> suite) add the documentation, clean up things and close it.
>
> I still an't help on dev issues, but any issue that I can help with my
> user hat, please tell me.

What are the dev issues that you would need help here?

> Cheers,
>

> --
> __      ___ _   _
> \ \    / (_) |_(_)___ _ _
>  \ \/\/ /| | / / / -_) '_|  Sergio Fernández
>   \_/\_/ |_|_\_\_\___|_|    http://www.wikier.org/

Social Web Architect
http://bblfish.net/

Re: WebId Testsuite

Posted by Sergio Fernández <se...@wikier.org>.

Re: WebId Testsuite

Posted by Reto Bachmann-Gmuer <re...@trialox.org>.
On Mon, May 16, 2011 at 9:50 PM, Henry Story <he...@bblfish.net>wrote:

> On 16 May 2011, at 21:43, Reto Bachmann-Gmuer wrote:
>
> > Seeing that CLEREZZA-479 is resolved I wanted to review it. I didn't
> > find the documentation on how to use the test-suite, I would have
> > hopes that there is a documentation.nt file in the META-INF directory
> > of the new bundle.
> >
> > How does the tesuite works?
>
> You go to /test/WebID and it tells you everything.

Gotcha! it's /test/WebId (lower case final d) which is available bot on the
https and on the https port.

Re: WebId Testsuite

Posted by Henry Story <he...@bblfish.net>.
On 16 May 2011, at 21:43, Reto Bachmann-Gmuer wrote:

> Seeing that CLEREZZA-479 is resolved I wanted to review it. I didn't
> find the documentation on how to use the test-suite, I would have
> hopes that there is a documentation.nt file in the META-INF directory
> of the new bundle.
>
> How does the tesuite works?

You go to /test/WebID and it tells you everything.

You can get different representations. The ontologies are documented on the W3C,
and as the test suites evolve we will have more docs.

> CHeers,
> Reto

Social Web Architect
http://bblfish.net/