Posted to dev@accumulo.apache.org by Richard DeVita <rd...@us.ibm.com> on 2013/08/19 22:28:27 UTC

How do I use scan

I have Accumulo version 1.4.3

I wrote a java program to create an accumulo table from a csv file of call
data records

columns in csv file are:  callingPhone, calledPhone startTime crd-id
The crd id is unique. there are multiple records for callingPhone and
calledPhone

Created a table with :

row ID  = crd-id
family = attribute
qualifiers are  callingPhone,  calledPhone, startTime
value is the  phone number or start time

each line in the cdv file has three records in the accumulo table

I have a java programs that reads the table.   how do I retrieve the records
for a specific Phone number?
that is all records where callingPhone = 123 456 7890
and get all three parts ?

Thank You

Re: How do I use scan

Posted by Jared Winick <ja...@gmail.com>.
Per Bill's suggestion, there is some documentation on common indexing
techniques at
http://accumulo.apache.org/1.5/accumulo_user_manual.html#_indexing.

Re: How do I use scan

Posted by David Medinets <da...@gmail.com>.