Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Bon <bo...@unipattern.com> on 2008/05/09 04:10:12 UTC

How to use J2 SSO Service

Hi all,

  I'm trying to use J2 SSO service, and I add a SSO site from SSO
Management.
  I set Site Name, Site URL, Field name for User ID and Field name for
password value for
  the remote sso site,
  then I try to login to J2 by a user and the user is existing in J2 and the
remote sso site,
  but the sso remote site did not receive any request from J2, so the SSO
never happened.
  Should I do any more settings or where can I find a sample reference?

Best Regards,
Bon

Re: How to use J2 SSO Service

Posted by Bon <bo...@unipattern.com>.

  I find out my problem, and the SSO IFrame Portlet is working good for me
now.
  =^D

Re: How to use J2 SSO Service

Posted by Bon <bo...@unipattern.com>.

David Sean Taylor wrote:

> There is an example with the demo installer here:
>
> http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/portals/jetspeed-2/binaries/jetspeed-2.1.3-demo-installer.jar
>
> To see it, login as admin, go to the SSO Demo page:
>
> http://localhost:8080/jetspeed/portal/p002.psml
>
> On the left side portlet, enter the credentials provided in the help
> portlet above (007 / secret-password)
> On the right side portlet, it seems that the credentials have expired
> or something, I can't get it to log in anymore, even bypassing the
> portlet
> Looks like we need to look into that...

Hello David,

  Thank you for giving me the demo reference information.
  I've to try to use the SSO IFrame Portlet and setting up my remote-site
for SSO,
  I set those fields as following:
    sso.type:   url (what is this parameter for?)
    SRC:      http://my-site/login.do
    sso.url.Credential:      password (the parameter name in login.do for
password field)
    sso.url.Principal:      username (the parameter name in login.do for
username field)
    SSO Principal:      my account id in the remote-site
    SSO Credential:   my passwaord value of my account

  when I save the values, and the portlet has sent a request to my remote
site and try to login,
  and I can find the login information from the remote site server log and
looks like the login success,
  but the page in the portlet can't redirect to the success page! why? does
this portlet don't support
  send-redirect feature?

  where can I get the guide that is talking about how to setup the SSO
parameters?

  and I've another question want to ask,
  I've set the same setting values into SSO Management, how can I know the
setting is working?
  if my J2 has a SSO site setting, what kind of the situation the J2 will
send a sso request to the
  sso remote site? when any user login into j2 or when the user access to
the remote sso site from some
  kind of j2 portlet? or any other situation would be the sso work?

Best Regards,
Bon

Re: How to use J2 SSO Service

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.