Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Zsombor <gz...@gmail.com> on 2007/04/15 22:42:10 UTC

Tapestry Quickstart - Error

Hello,

I've tried to follow the quickstart guide, to create a tapestry5 projects,
the project is created by the maven archetype successfully, however after I
try to execute mvn jetty:run it fails:

$ mvn jetty:run
[INFO] Scanning for projects...
[INFO] Searching repository for plugin with prefix: 'jetty'.
[INFO]
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]

Project ID: org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-war-plugin

Reason: Error getting POM for 'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-war-plugin'
from the repository: Failed to resolve artifact, possibly due to a
repository list that is not appropriately equipped for this artifact's
metadata.
  org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-war-plugin:pom:2.0.3-SNAPSHOT

from the specified remote repositories:
  apache.snapshots (http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository/),
  howardlewisship.com (http://howardlewisship.com/repository),
  central (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2)

Or if I try to execute mvn compile it fails with this message :
$ mvn compile
[INFO] Scanning for projects...
[INFO]
[INFO] Building frontend Tapestry 5 Application
[INFO]    task-segment: [compile]
[INFO]
[INFO]
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]

Project ID: org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-resources-plugin

Reason: Error getting POM for '
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-resources-plugin' from the repository: Failed
to resolve artifact, possibly due to a repository list that is not
appropriately equipped for this artifact's metadata.
  org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-resources-plugin:pom:2.3-SNAPSHOT

from the specified remote repositories:
  apache.snapshots (http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository/),
  howardlewisship.com (http://howardlewisship.com/repository),
  central (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2)

Has anybody seen something similar?

BR
 Zsombor

Re: Tapestry Quickstart - Error

Posted by Zsombor <gz...@gmail.com>.
On 4/16/07, Andreas Andreou <an...@di.uoa.gr> wrote:

> Force an earlier version to the maven-war-plugin, i.e.
> open the pom.xml file and right after
> <artifactId>maven-war-plugin</artifactId>
> add
> <version>2.0.2</version>
>
> As mentioned before by Alexandru, you'll have to make some changes to the
> AppModule class, i.e. remove the Id and Contribute annotations.

Thanks, I also have to modify pom.xml with the followings:

            <plugin>
                <version>2.0.2</version>
                <configuration>
                    <archiveClasses>true</archiveClasses>
                </configuration>
            </plugin>
            <plugin>
                <artifactId>maven-resources-plugin</artifactId>
                <version>2.2</version>
            </plugin>
            <plugin>
                <artifactId>maven-eclipse-plugin</artifactId>
                <version>2.3</version>
            </plugin>
            <plugin>
                <artifactId>maven-clean-plugin</artifactId>
                <version>2.1</version>
            </plugin>

And now it's works :)
Thanks