Posted to user@struts.apache.org by himanshu ranavat <at...@hotmail.com> on 2007/08/24 16:07:45 UTC

setting an option as selected in select tag

Hi,

Consider I have an s:select tag which has the entries a,b,c,d,e in that order. the select tag is populated by a method wich returns a string array containing a-e. the name of the string array is assigned to the list attribute of s:select . now I set 'c' as selected by explicitly specifying headerKey and headerValue as 'c'.
now what happens is then that 'c' appears twice in the select tag.

i could add a,b,d,e in the string array and then 'c' in headerKey and headerValue but then the order gets distorted with 'c' appearing at the top on expanding the select box. How can I set 'c' as the selected item and also maintain the order of elements in aplhabetical order
thanx
Himanshu

Download the latest version of Windows Live Messenger NOW!
http://get.live.com/en-ie/messenger/overview