Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Divesh Dutta <di...@hotwaxmedia.com> on 2009/04/25 11:13:04 UTC

Problem in XML data export

Hello all,
          Actually  when I try to do XML data export from webtools then
I did not get supposed result. Steps which I followed:
1) Checked required Entities

2) Specified Output Directory name and file name as well

3) Depressed on Export

Result : Wrote "numbers" records in to XML file "filename"
But when  I check these records in my Desktop, I could not fine them. Is
any one is facing same problem?

Thanks
Divesh

Re: Problem in XML data export

Posted by Ashish Vijaywargiya <as...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
Hello Divesh,

See my comment inline :

Divesh Dutta wrote:
> Hello Ashish,
>
> Thanks for your help. I was making mistake in giving path of Output
> Directory. But I tried this for  https://demo.ofbiz.org/webtools .
> After following all the steps, I could not find any file created in my
> Desktop. So I think this is again a problem.
>
> One more thing which I noticed is, when I depress on "Export" button
> then file is created having the name of Entity which I exported (For
> my local instance). It should be created with the name of filename
> which we mention over there. Any suggestions are most welcome.
Man, the file name that you had given is right and it will create the
file in the root directory of project (i.e OFBIZ_HOME). Checkout that
folder and you will see file there.
Please read my previous message again, I said the same thing in my last
message.

--
Ashish

Posted by Divesh Dutta <di...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
Hello Ashish,

Posted by David E Jones <da...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
That option already exists, ie downloading through the browser.
However, it is only available for the export that puts all exported
entities into a single file. Also, if it is very large it will
probably fail...

-David

Posted by Divesh Dutta <di...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
  Hey BJ,

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
That opens a security hole in my mind.
it would be better if you use ssh or webmin, or ftp to get sever info.

Divesh Dutta sent the following on 4/25/2009 7:54 AM:

--
BJ Freeman
http://www.businessesnetwork.com/automation

Re: Problem in XML data export

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.

Posted by Ashish Vijaywargiya <as...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
Divesh & Kathy,

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Just checked export all on locale instance (same as alternate server trunk) : ok (372 files)

Got this error (not correctly managed) when using simple export without any parameters set (but a directory given)
org.ofbiz.widget.screen.ScreenRenderException: Error rendering screen
[component://webtools/widget/CommonScreens.xml#CommonEntityDecorator]: org.ofbiz.entity.transaction.GenericTransactionException: The
current transaction is marked for rollback, not beginning a new transaction and aborting current operation; the rollbackOnly was
caused by: [1] [xxx] Error when writing null: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Tried to find entity definition for a null
entityNamejava.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Tried to find entity definition for a null entityName (Tried to find entity definition
for a null entityName) (The current transaction is marked for rollback, not beginning a new transaction and aborting current
operation; the rollbackOnly was caused by: [1] [xxx] Error when writing null: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Tried to find
entity definition for a null entityNamejava.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Tried to find entity definition for a null entityName
(Tried to find entity definition for a null entityName))

Exportig (not filename only a directory, in occurence c:\)
    catalog ok (33 files)
    Product part 1 ok (9 files)
    Product part 2 ok (20 files)
    Product part 3 ok (11 files)