Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Georg Füchsle <gi...@googlemail.com> on 2013/07/24 11:46:11 UTC

Consume a ASP.Net Service with windows Authentification from JSF

I have to make calls to an customers ASP.NET RESTful Service. This service
is protecetd by a windows authentification.

As far as I assume, this means, the user will use a browser on a windows
computer inside their company. They open my web-app that is hosted outside
their company. From this web-Apap I call again the REST-Service inside this
company. To have permission to the service I have to send the user
authentification data.

My question: What do I (in the JSF-web-app outside the company) have to do
to deliver the user-information towards the REST-service?

Has anybody done something like this?

Thanks in advance,

Gio

Re: Consume a ASP.Net Service with windows Authentification from JSF

Posted by Mike Kienenberger <mk...@gmail.com>.
It's hard to guess what exactly you need, but you might be able to do
it with something like jcifs, although it has seemed somewhat flakey
in our environment.

http://jcifs.samba.org/
http://jcifs.samba.org/src/docs/ntlmhttpauth.html

This lists some other alternatives.
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/576850/alternatives-for-jcifs-ntlm-library

Posted by Georg Füchsle <gi...@googlemail.com>.
I cancelled this!

Still I am not shure about how this has to be done. But I assumed, that I
have to send autentication requests to the domain server of the partner
company. When I asked for this information (ip and port of the domain
server)  the partner company stopped their plans and now will offer access
top the REST-Service with other autentication proofs.
So I will not struggle anymore on this topic.
Thank You for your help!

Gio

Posted by Georg Füchsle <gi...@googlemail.com>.

Posted by Mike Kienenberger <mk...@gmail.com>.