Posted to c-dev@axis.apache.org by sanjaya singharage <sa...@opensource.lk> on 2005/02/07 15:53:24 UTC

1.5 alpha status

Hi all,

We have been working on the release and have some issues. This time around
we wanted to use the ant test framework to ease the job of releasing, but
may be due to the first attempt we have encountered problems with some of
the tests. Therefore we have gone through the previous testing procedure as
well.
On linux however, we have not been able to use the ant test frame work and
have had to use the previous scripts to do the testing. Below is listed a
summary of the test results.

Please go through them and comment for the alpha release. In my opinion as
the C tests are failing to compile for us and will need these problems fixed
before we can release an alpha.

These tests were done with the "release1-5-alpha-cand1"  tag.
Axis 3 transport was used in testing.

1. We assumed that the C cilents under
ws-axis\c\tests\auto_build\testcases\client\c were meant to test the partial
C support for 1.5. But we were unable to compile any of the C tests because
of complaints of missing .h files (e.g. axis/SoapEnvVersions.h,
axis/server/AxisUserAPI.h. and in some cases complains about generated .h
files too)

2. Windows Testing

2.1 The ant test framework
(It was noted that many clients do not parse the arguments passed to them
and hence produced transport errors.
The failure for some of the tests could be that we are testing against axis
c++ while these tests were written for websphere/axis java)

-Handler tests PASS
- RPChttpheader tests PASS.
(RPC httpheader test clients aren't parsing arguments passed to the client.
so had to hand edit end point)
- Axis bench FAILS with AxisWsddException:Requested method is not allowed
- ComplexTypeAll (not sure how to implement web service.) when run FAILS
with AxisWsddException:Requested method is not allowed
-Enumeration FAILS with AxisWsddException:Requested method is not allowed
-RpcSoapHeaderTests 1,2,3,4,6,8,9,10 are successful with the port and
service name edited in the client.cpp
(RPC Soapheader test clients aren't parsing arguments passed to the client.
so had to hand edit end point)
-DynamicTest01 FAILS with AxisWsddException:Requested service not found
-Enumeration FAILS with AxisWsddException:Requested service not found
-Exceptiontest is PASSING
-ExceptiontestDoc is FAILING with AxisWsddException:Requested service not
found
-Faultmapping is PASSING
-FaultMappingDoc is FAILING with AxisWsddException:Requested service not
found
-inquire_v2 Client Compilation - FAILED
-Interoptestround1 PASSES
-InteropTestRound1Doc - Client Compilation - FAILED
-LargeReturningString serverside implementation not available
-ManyTypeRefRoot serverside implementation not available
-MathOps PASSES
-MathOpsDoc FAILS with AxisWsddException:Requested method is not allowed
-RecurseTypes serverside implementation not available
- SimpleArray - Client Compilation - FAILED
-SimpleArrayDoc FAILED with AxisWsddException:Requested method is not
allowed
-SimpleRef PASSES
-SimpleRefDoc FAILED with AxisWsddException:Requested method is not allowed
-SimpleTypeArrat FAILED with AxisWsddException:Requested method is not
allowed
-SimpleTypeInnerUnbounded serverside implementation not available
-SimpleTypeInnerUnboundedInOutput serverside implementation not available
-TestTransportTimeout serverside implementation not available

2.2 Manual testing using samples in ws-axis\c\samples and tests in
ws-axis\c\tests

samples
-Array, Groupb, Ref, rpcfault, calculator, handlers were SUCCESSFUL
-doclitfault - does not compile
tests
-Exception test, Fault mapping stubbase, uddi inquire are SUCCESSFUL

2.3 Simple Axis Server hangs and does not serve requests

3 Linux Testing
samples
-array, ref, calculator, groupb, mathops, doclitgroupb, doclitmathops,
doclitbase, sslclient, handlers are SUCCESSFUL
tests
-exception test, fault mapping, http-headers, soapheaders, stubtest,
threadsafe, uddi_inquire were SUCCESSFUL
-xsdanytest1, performance FAILED

3.1 Simple Axis Server hangs and does not serve requests

sanjaya.

Re: 1.5 alpha status

Posted by Samisa Abeysinghe <sa...@gmail.com>.
Sanjaya,

WRT simple axis server please keep track of
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AXISCPP-409

Looks like this is a problem with axis3 transport as it works with
axis2 transport.

Samisa...

Re: 1.5 alpha status

Posted by sanjaya singharage <sa...@opensource.lk>.
Posted by Samisa Abeysinghe <sa...@gmail.com>.
Ooops :-(

Re: 1.5 alpha status

Posted by sanjaya singharage <sa...@opensource.lk>.
Please read the comments below.

The important thing is, taking in to consideration John's comments we will release the alpha as soon as possible (today 08.01.2005).

thanks,
sanjaya.
  However, generally. I really think we need to take the pain and get ANT working between us. Results below are really hard to comment on because I don't know whether you are using the same code as I do here.

  cheers for now,
  John.

  "sanjaya singharage" <sa...@opensource.lk> wrote on 07/02/2005 14:53:24:

  > Hi all,
  >
  > We have been working on the release and have some issues. This time around
  > we wanted to use the ant test framework to ease the job of releasing, but
  > may be due to the first attempt we have encountered problems with some of
  > the tests. Therefore we have gone through the previous testing procedure as
  > well.

  This is very very dissappointing. May I suggest we try to get over the test issues so that we are all on the ANT framework?
  Yes, we should.

  > On linux however, we have not been able to use the ant test frame work and
  > have had to use the previous scripts to do the testing. Below is listed a
  > summary of the test results.
  >
  > Please go through them and comment for the alpha release. In my opinion as
  > the C tests are failing to compile for us and will need these problems fixed
  > before we can release an alpha.

  I don't think we can wait for C to be up to the level that you are discussing. Speaking with Mark - he tells me that it could take weeks to get C support to the level whereby most of the tests work. We did say that C support was in at a rudimentary level in this release and that we would continue to work on it in the future. May I propose we document this and leave C as it stands?

  In which case it is best to go ahead with the alpha. So we will try to get this out today.

  > These tests were done with the "release1-5-alpha-cand1"  tag.
  > Axis 3 transport was used in testing.
  >
  > 1. We assumed that the C cilents under
  > ws-axis\c\tests\auto_build\testcases\client\c were meant to test the partial
  > C support for 1.5. But we were unable to compile any of the C tests because
  > of complaints of missing .h files (e.g. axis/SoapEnvVersions.h,
  > axis/server/AxisUserAPI.h. and in some cases complains about generated .h
  > files too)

  Assumption was wrong I'm afraid :-( These will not work.

  > 2. Windows Testing
  >
  > 2.1 The ant test framework
  > (It was noted that many clients do not parse the arguments passed to them
  > and hence produced transport errors.

  We've checked all of the tests in the ANT framework and they are all using their arguments. Perhaps these are old tests that have not been updated?

  > The failure for some of the tests could be that we are testing against axis
  > c++ while these tests were written for websphere/axis java)

  If this is the case it would be very dissapointing. We are supposed to be aiming for WS-I basic profile 1.0 compliance and WAS claims to be  compliant. James or Manohar has been running WS-i tools - perhaps they can give us their latest results?

  Re below:
  I can't comment on these results but I can tell you that we have all client C++ doc/literal tests running through ANT on AIX, Windows (2K, XP and 2003) and Linux redhat adv svr 3.0 running against WAS with all passing except for:

  AxisBench on Linux only is failing due to memory destruction issues. Mark is fixing this.
  IHeaderBlock4 was failing and Adrian has just put a fix in.
  TestSetEndPoint was failing and was fixed this afternoon.

Re: 1.5 alpha status

Posted by John Hawkins <HA...@uk.ibm.com>.
Hi Sanjaya,