Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Roger Vaughn <rv...@seaconinc.com> on 2000/08/02 02:00:26 UTC

New CAB Task, Take 2

Ok, here it is.  The new and improved Cab task.

This is still derived from MatchingTask - this still makes the most
sense to me even though an external executable is invoked.  I didn't
want to expose the Exec* properties, so I used an instance of ExecTask
as a delegate instead.  IOW, I've got full reuse and the interface I
want.  I also threw in a couple new features while I was at it.

Here's the docs.

The cab task creates Microsoft cab archive files.  It is invoked similar
to the jar or zip tasks.  This task will only work on Windows, and will
be silently ignored on other platforms.

Required parameters:

- cabfile: the name of the cab file to create.
- basedir: the directory to start archiving files from.

Optional parameters:

- verbose: set to "yes" if you want to see the output from the cabarc
tool.  defaults to "no".
- compress: set to "no" to store files without compressing.  defaults to
"yes".
tool.  should not normally be necessary.

The cab task also supports the full set of MatchingTask parameters
including "includes", "excludes", and "defaultexcludes".

Roger Vaughn

Re: New CAB Task, Take 5: Revenge of the Cab Task

Posted by Roger Vaughn <rv...@seaconinc.com>.
Yes, cabarc can also list and extract from cabs.  If it's really
necessary, I can create an uncab task, but honestly I've never run into a
case where one is needed.

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@bost.de>.

Posted by Roger Vaughn <rv...@seaconinc.com>.
Ok, I did it again.  The last version included a Random method available only in 1.2+.  This version corrects it.  I suppose it's time to set up a 1.1 testing environment....

New CAB Task, Take 4

Posted by Roger Vaughn <rv...@seaconinc.com>.

Re: New CAB Task, Take 3: Are we there yet?

Posted by Roger Vaughn <rv...@seaconinc.com>.
Stefan Bodewig wrote:

> Roger, could you please (1) update the documentation in
> docs/index.html for it and (2) remove the JDK 1.2 dependency -
> File.deleteOnExit and File.createTempFile?
>
> Step (1) may wait until I get to document fileset myself of course 8^)
> - but I really see no reason to make that task depend on JDK > 1.1.
>
> Stefan

I hadn't even realized those were 1.2 methods.  Damn.  They're really
convenient.

No problem to both of these.  I'll knock 'em out today.

roger

Re: New CAB Task, Take 3: Are we there yet?

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@bost.de>.

Posted by Roger Vaughn <rv...@seaconinc.com>.
This now includes support for nested filesets as well as supporting the traditional matching
params.  Only one style or the other is allowed in a single task.