Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by David Thielen <da...@windward.net> on 2004/04/19 01:54:23 UTC

Can I do a web service as pure xml (no RPC stuff at all)?

Hi;

Is there a way (both java and C#) to do a web service so it's pure xml. What
I want is:

1.	The wsdl gives a min and max value for attributes that are an enum -
but if that attribute is not passed at all, it's ok because I have a default
value.
2.	I have 2 soap attachments - that are not files but are very large
blocks of data (they are passed to me as input streams).

And I then just process the xml in the soap body and the 2 attachments.

It seems to me this should be doable, but nothing really talks about it.

Thanks - dave

RE: Can I do a web service as pure xml (no RPC stuff at all)?

Posted by "Samir Shaikh (ex 444)" <ss...@worldres.com>.
I also have a similar question in which I want to build and deploy a
webservice in axis that are proprietary xml messages flowing between the
servers, no SOAP Encoding.

Please help.

Thanks.
Samir

RE: Asking again: Can I do a web service as pure xml (no RPC stuff at all)?

Posted by Anne Thomas Manes <an...@manes.net>.
Use the messaging API. It transforms the SOAP body contents into a DOM. You
can then process it as you like.

  _____

Posted by David Thielen <da...@windward.net>.

  _____