Posted to users@flex.apache.org by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com> on 2013/03/22 10:06:00 UTC

Air 3.7 and Apache Flex

Hi,

Currently the beta labs version of AIR 3.7 doesn't support being used with Apache Flex easily ie you can't overlay the AIR 3.7 SDK on the Flex SDK like it was possible with pervious versions of the AIR SDK. I've raised the issue with Adobe at these too links if you could add your support by adding a message and/or voting for Adobe to support Apache Flex that would be great.

http://forums.adobe.com/message/5168823#5168823

https://bugbase.adobe.com/index.cfm?event=bug&id=3526506

Thanks,
Justin

Re: Air 3.7 and Apache Flex

Posted by Lucas Junqueira / Ciclope <lu...@ciclope.art.br>.
That's true: it's beta, so issues (even big ones like this) may happen...
Let's vote!

--
Lucas Junqueira
lucas@ciclope.art.br / (31)2555-0635 / (31)9133-6635

Re: Air 3.7 and Apache Flex

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

Re: Air 3.7 and Apache Flex

Posted by Swen van Zanten <fl...@hdsign.nl>.
voted!

Op 22 mrt. 2013, om 10:57 heeft Krüger, Olaf <OK...@edscha.com> het volgende geschreven:

AW: Air 3.7 and Apache Flex

Posted by Krüger, Olaf <OK...@edscha.com>.
Many thanks for the hint.

Re: Air 3.7 and Apache Flex

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

Thanks for everyone who voted and made some noise about AIR 3.7. Chris has just posted that Adobe will release a version of AIR 3.7 that is compatible with Apache Flex when it ships and hopefully a version on labs before then.

http://forums.adobe.com/message/5171561#5171561

Justin

Re: Install Update for Air Apps

Posted by atauri <da...@gmail.com>.
Hello. I am triyng to use the class appudater to auto update apps (desktop
or android out of the google market) but I got the following error:

I cant make the import air.update.bla bla bla
NOT FOUND!

Anyone has used it?

--
 ¿ Te gustan las *Abejas* y la *Tecnología* ? Sígueme en
Twitter<http://twitter.com/apilink><http://twitter.com/apilink>

  (\__/)
  (='.'=)   This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
  (")_(")   signature to help him gain world domination.

Re: Install Update for Air Apps

Posted by atauri <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Tom Chiverton <tc...@extravision.com>.

Posted by Mark Line <ma...@gmail.com>.
Oh right bump the version in the application description file, its normally
called [projectname]-app.xml

Publish to the app store and you will be prompted to update (i assume you
are talking about a mobile app).

Posted by Air Masters <ai...@nwahd.com>.

--

Marlon Moli
NWAPages <http://nwapages.com/>

Re: Install Update for Air Apps

Posted by Mark Line <ma...@gmail.com>.

Install Update for Air Apps

Re: Falcon & iPad, Air etc

Posted by jude <fl...@gmail.com>.
Nice work. I really like this approach. It reminds me of the Label,
RichText, RichEditableText, TextArea.

A couple of things about this to whoever may work on the visual side of
things including myself in the future. I would NOT try to support all the
features in HTML or CSS. I can see it leading down the path of 100s of
other HTML tools before it. All of a sudden it becomes unyielding.

I think it's tempting to want to adopt the CSS features that Flex doesn't
have but I think we should keep feature parity and not get caught up in CSS
and HTML way of doing things. I mean really examine what is going on there
and prevent some of the mistakes that have been made in the past. I mention
this because we are having this discussion in other threads. FXG -> SVG,
HTML5, etc

One mess I would avoid is CSS stylesheets. It's basically one declaration
clobbering the next one where the last one declared wins. Then there's this
important tag that veto's everyone else and even that can be overruled by
another important flag set later on. Even in Flex you can have multiple
type declarations for the same component from all different locations.
Later, when it comes time to determine why your component doesn't look the
way you want you have to untangle the fun ball of twine called CSS to find
out.

I spent a lot of time dealing with this CSS issue in multiple Flex projects
over the years and there are a couple of things that could be done that
would help. There are HTML tools that can take an element and show it's
style inheritance. Firebug is one of them. Flex doesn't have any tools like
this. I don't know if Adobe had ever thought of working on one at one point
but if they did maybe it could get donated?

Another helpful solution would be to use the compiler to show warnings or
errors when types have been declared previously.

Another would be to keep track of where styles have been declared in the
SDK. There is a document property on UIComponent. That same concept could
apply to styles as they are created and applied. Setup a breadcrumb trail
back to the declarations.

I worked on a style inheritance lookup a while back. You can see it here,
http://goo.gl/mD7xK in the getStyleDetails and getStyleInheritence methods.
You could give it a IStyleClient element and it would list it styles by
broadest to narrowest in how they were applied. It was modeled after some
of the CSS tools out there. It was a lot of work to do something that
should have been easy. It isn't finished though. It doesn't take into
account style names declared inline and has a few other unsolved problems
as well.  I'm mentioning this again for myself and for discussion.

Re: Falcon & iPad, Air etc

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

Re: Falcon & iPad, Air etc

Posted by jude <fl...@gmail.com>.
Alex,

Re: Falcon & iPad, Air etc

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

Re: Falcon & iPad, Air etc

Posted by Scott Matheson <sm...@intralinks.com>.
John
      Thanks for you input I have been using Flex for 2 years and are very
happy with the tool and just wanted clarity, which you have given me,if
you not involved in the depths this can become confusing, I hope to be
using flex in 10 years, my project has been going for 16 years based on
tool book, and I hope to give it another 10 years with flex

 I must say this is the first time I new about work stream

        >Falcon will compile/translate AS into HTML+JS,

So a new boy, how could I help out with this work stream in some small way
?

You have made my day

Yes I did know that MXML is translated down to AS, it was just the way
Adobe talk a about the subject I was finding confusing

Scott

Re: Falcon & iPad, Air etc

Posted by John Cunliffe <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hi Scott,