Posted to user@storm.apache.org by Aaron Levin <aa...@demeure.com> on 2014/08/26 00:23:28 UTC

Determining Topology Ready State for Continuous Deployment/Integration

Hey,

I'm curious if there's a way to determine when a newly-deployed Topology is
"ready."

I'm trying to tighten up our continuous deployment pipeline during
integration tests. I've got an simple end-to-end test to ensure a certain
message is delivered through the cluster, and it would be nice to know when
a topology is 'ready' so I can start queuing up messages.

By "ready" I mean something along the lines of:

- topology code has been deployed throughout the cluster
- all jvm processes have started
- (potentially): storm's internal acker has received one ack from each
component.

I've looked at the Nimbus API and it's not clear how much info I can glean
from this.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Best,

Aaron Levin