Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Donal Lafferty <do...@citrix.com> on 2013/06/25 22:07:15 UTC

Config Setting for S3 without NFS Caching

Is there a config setting to indicate that S3 is operating without NFS Caching?

DL

Re: Config Setting for S3 without NFS Caching

Posted by Min Chen <mi...@citrix.com>.
In 4.2, out of box implementation, if you choose to use S3 as secondary
storage, NFS staging is required. But theoretically speaking, for certain
hypervisor, this is not required, for example, Hyper-V. However, to make
such special configuration work, you need to extend our default data
motion service implementation. The reason why UI shows a checkbox for user
to optionally add cache storage when they add S3 secondary storage is for
such use cases, where you want to share a NFS cache for two S3 secondary
storages. In that case, you have already added cache storage when you add
the first S3, thus in adding the second S3, you don't need to add cache
again.

Thanks
-min

Posted by Donal Lafferty <do...@citrix.com>.

Posted by Nitin Mehta <Ni...@citrix.com>.
I thought we donĀ¹t even call it cache but staging area :)

Posted by Prasanna Santhanam <ts...@apache.org>.

--
Prasanna.,

Powered by BigRock.com

Re: Config Setting for S3 without NFS Caching

Posted by Min Chen <mi...@citrix.com>.

Posted by Sebastien Goasguen <ru...@gmail.com>.
S3.nfs.caching = false

:)