Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by Munish Singla <mu...@tavant.com> on 2003/01/24 20:18:20 UTC

Log4j Clashing over applications

Hi Guys,

	I have one weblogic 6.1 server to deploy my application for both dev
and qa environments. Both these are deployed hot as ear files. They have
pretty much the same application except for a configuration file and log4
configuration which is separate for both of them.

	The problem is that if I deploy one of them, everything is fine and
the logs are going in the right places and the right log4j configuration is
read, however if i deploy both of them, the problem is the logs for both dev
and qa start using the same configuration as of the latest one that I
deployed. I thought the Logger classes that are loaded by the applications
are separate for both dev and qa as by EJB spec, its supposed to be
different Class Loaders. One problem looks to be from the weblogic itself
using log4j for its logging so the Logger is already loaded and is not
separate for both the applications.

	Has anybody faced this problem before. Any workaround??

Munish