Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by Chetan Khatri <ch...@gmail.com> on 2017/01/24 21:17:01 UTC

HBaseContext with Spark

Hello HBase Folks,

Currently I am using HBase 1.2.4 and Hive 1.2.1, I am looking for Bulk Load
from Hbase to Hive.

I have seen couple of good example at HBase Github Repo:
https://github.com/apache/hbase/tree/master/hbase-spark

If I would like to use HBaseContext with HBase 1.2.4, how it can be done ?
Or which version of HBase has more stability with HBaseContext ?

Thanks.

Chetan

Re: HBaseContext with Spark

Posted by Chetan Khatri <ch...@gmail.com>.
Ted,
Thank you for quick revert, any other alternatives for my approach.
Because HBaseBulkGetExample.scala
 and HBaseDistributedScanExample.scala impressed me the way it has been
written. and i have also seen that it is almost 2 years old commit.

Is there any other way like by using cloudera repo to accomplish samething,
if yes would be great if you can suggest me exact artifact with version.

Thanks

Re: HBaseContext with Spark

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.