Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Nicolas MOTTE <ni...@amadeus.com> on 2017/03/08 20:41:30 UTC

Settings at cluster level: retention and cleanup policy

Hi everyone,

Is there any reason why retention and cleanup policy are defined at cluster level and not topic level?
I can t see why it would not be possible from a technical point of view...

Cheers
Nico

Re: Settings at cluster level: retention and cleanup policy

Posted by Zakee <kz...@netzero.net>.
Hi Nico,

They can be defined at both cluster and topics levels. Refer https://kafka.apache.org/documentation/#topic-config for topic-level overrides available.

Cheers!
-Z

> On Mar 8, 2017, at 12:41 PM, Nicolas MOTTE <ni...@amadeus.com> wrote:
>
> Hi everyone,
>
> Is there any reason why retention and cleanup policy are defined at cluster level and not topic level?
> I can t see why it would not be possible from a technical point of view...
>
> Cheers
> Nico

Brilliant Trick Melts Body Fat Overnight (Do This Tonight)
Biblical Belly Breakthrough
http://thirdpartyoffers.netzero.net/TGL3231/58c0c068c9d38406811e4st02vuc

Re: Settings at cluster level: retention and cleanup policy

Posted by Kaufman Ng <ka...@confluent.io>.
Actually they can be at topic level configs as well. If they are not
defined then the server level configs are used. From Apache Kafka doc:

"The server's default configuration for this property is given under the
Server Default Property heading. A given server default config value only
applies to a topic if it does not have an explicit topic config override."

--
Kaufman Ng
+1 646 961 8063