Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by Joe Collins <jo...@letsys.com> on 2004/01/21 18:59:04 UTC

log4j.xml

Hi ,

I have a log4j.xml file written which declares a root logger and a
number of other loggers / appenders in a hierarchy
In my code I have called a logger called NetMaintLogger as below.

          org.apache.log4j.Logger NetMaintLogger =
org.apache.log4j.Logger.getLogger("NetMaintLogger") ;
          NetMaintLogger.debug("ShowSiteSearchAction.execute called
logger");

I have the log4j jar file in my classpath for the server, I have my
log4j.xml located in the bea\weblogic81\server\lib directory. I am using
weblogic 8.1.

Where should my log4j.xml be located i.e. how is it referenced?

Is there any issues with configuring the log4j.xml file in weblogic 8.1?

Any help, however small would be greatly appreciated

Joe