Posted to c-users@xalan.apache.org by Colin Paul Adams <co...@colina.demon.co.uk> on 2003/06/23 20:26:59 UTC

DOMException code 14 from transform

Agghhh!
This reply-not-going-to-the-list business gets me every time!

Well, by trial and error, I discovered it's a DOMException (code 14 -
namespace error).
Why I'm getting such an error, I'm not sure. There's certainly nothing
wrong with the namespace declarations in either the source document or
the xslt document.

The actual method being called is:

int transform (const XalanParsedSource &theParsedXML, const XalanCompiledStylesheet *theCompiledStylesheet, const XSLTResultTarget &theResultTarget)

The compiled stylesheet was compiled from an XSLTInputSource specified
as a SYSTEM-id (http://localhost/...).
The parsed source was compiled from a XercesDOMWrapperParsedSource.

Both compiled without any obvious sign of error.
--
Colin Paul Adams
Preston Lancashire

Re: DOMException code 14 from transform

Posted by Colin Paul Adams <co...@colina.demon.co.uk>.

    Colin> If I add both -XD and -DOM it reproduces. Or just -DOM. Not
    Colin> with -XD alone though.

Should I enter this in bugzilla? Do you want me to attach the source
document (c. 400KB) and stylesheet?
--

Posted by da...@us.ibm.com.

>     >> The actual method being called is:
>     >>
>     >> int transform (const XalanParsedSource &theParsedXML, const
>     >> XalanCompiledStylesheet *theCompiledStylesheet, const
>     >> XSLTResultTarget > &theResultTarget)
>     >>
>     >> The compiled stylesheet was compiled from an XSLTInputSource
>     >> specified as a SYSTEM-id (http://localhost/...).  The parsed
>     >> source was compiled from a XercesDOMWrapperParsedSource.
>
>     david> What is the target of the transformation?  Perhaps a DOM?
>
> Yes a  FormatterToXercesDOM

I suspected as much.  That will need to be fixed.

>     david> Are you sure you cannot reproduce it
>     david> with testXSLT?  I think there's still an option on testXSLT
>     david> to use the Xerces DOM from the command line. (-XD)
>
> If I add both -XD and -DOM it reproduces. Or just -DOM. Not with -XD
> alone though.

Great!  Can you create a Bugzilla report and attach a minimal input
document and stylesheet?  That way, I can figure out why the exception is
being thrown in the first place.

Dave

Re: DOMException code 14 from transform

Posted by Colin Paul Adams <co...@colina.demon.co.uk>.

    david> OK, this is a bug, because we should not let a DOMException
    david> through -- it should be caught by the wrapper code and
    david> translated into a XalanDOMException.

    >> The actual method being called is:
    >>
    >> int transform (const XalanParsedSource &theParsedXML, const
    >> XalanCompiledStylesheet *theCompiledStylesheet, const
    >> XSLTResultTarget > &theResultTarget)
    >>
    >> The compiled stylesheet was compiled from an XSLTInputSource
    >> specified as a SYSTEM-id (http://localhost/...).  The parsed
    >> source was compiled from a XercesDOMWrapperParsedSource.

    david> What is the target of the transformation?  Perhaps a DOM?

Yes a  FormatterToXercesDOM

    david> Are you sure you cannot reproduce it
    david> with testXSLT?  I think there's still an option on testXSLT
    david> to use the Xerces DOM from the command line. (-XD)

If I add both -XD and -DOM it reproduces. Or just -DOM. Not with -XD
alone though.
--
Colin Paul Adams
Preston Lancashire

Re: DOMException code 14 from transform

Posted by da...@us.ibm.com.

> Agghhh!
> This reply-not-going-to-the-list business gets me every time!
>
> Well, by trial and error, I discovered it's a DOMException (code 14 -
> namespace error).

OK, this is a bug, because we should not let a DOMException through -- it
should be caught by the wrapper code and translated into a
XalanDOMException.

> Why I'm getting such an error, I'm not sure. There's certainly nothing
> wrong with the namespace declarations in either the source document or
> the xslt document.

I'm going to grep through the Xerces-C code and see where that exception
might be thrown.  It could be a bug in the implementation.

> The actual method being called is:
>
> int transform (const XalanParsedSource &theParsedXML,
> const XalanCompiledStylesheet *theCompiledStylesheet,
> const XSLTResultTarget > &theResultTarget)
>
> The compiled stylesheet was compiled from an XSLTInputSource specified
> as a SYSTEM-id (http://localhost/...).
> The parsed source was compiled from a XercesDOMWrapperParsedSource.

What is the target of the transformation?  Perhaps a DOM?  Or is it a
stream?  Are you sure you cannot reproduce it with testXSLT?  I think
there's still an option on testXSLT to use the Xerces DOM from the command
line. (-XD)

Dave