Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Anthony Bull <an...@bcsoft.co.nz> on 2007/08/09 06:00:15 UTC

Apache Axis 2 Architecture Question

Hi, I have a question regarding the architecture of my Axis 2 client
applications.

Application description:
We are using the WS-Security username token header to authenticate and
identify users making requests to a web service. There are hundreds of
different users using the system, and we need to log their user details
on the Axis 2 web service, hence we need each user to have different
identities coming through in the SOAP requests.  The client for the
service is a struts webapp.

The question:
In order to support multiple users with different identities I need to
create a stub to the service for each client (e.g. load a configuration
context and then create a service stub to the service) - thus if 100
users are using the client at the same time, there will be 100 service
stubs in use at that point in time - this is because the user
authentication is related to the stub (via the Options object) not to
the individual methods.  Is this the correct way of doing things in such
a situation?  It seems that it was intended for a given client site to
only have one service stub to serve all the users using that client
site. If its wrong, how should I be doing things?  Is it possible to
alter the user authentication details when a request goes out in a
multi-threaded situation without making the code block?

cheers,
Ants.

--
Anthony
-------------------------------------

anthony.bull@bcsoft.co.nz
Ph  +64 4 472 8818
Fax +64 4 472 8811
Mobile 021 303 692
-------------------------------------
www.bcsoft.co.nz
This email may contain confidential or privileged information,
and is intended for use only by the addressee, or addressees.
If you are not the intended recipient please advise the sender
immediately and do not copy, use or disclose the contents to
any other person or organisation.
Black Coffee Software Ltd accepts no responsibility for viruses
received with this email, or to any changes made to the original
content. Any views or opinions expressed in this email may be
personal to the sender and are not necessarily those of Black
Coffee Software Ltd.

Re: Apache Axis 2 Architecture Question

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.
Anthony,