Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Amit Kumar <am...@gmail.com> on 2012/03/21 06:52:08 UTC

What does Thread Name=1-299 (i.e. 1-xxx in general) suggest in Table Result of load test in JMeter?

Dear All:

I ran a load test and got result in Table View.  I got following entries in
Thread Name and Response Time columns.

Thread Name                     Sample Time
  Thread Group 1-287
47902  Thread Group 1-165
49269  Thread Group 1-119
49917
My question are as follows:

1. For Thread Name- '1-287' there is Sample Time=47902 ms. So, is this
Sample Time for *'287th'* user or *'1 to 287'* users or *287
users*collectively?

2. What is Sample Time?

I am new to JMeter please help in on this. Thanks in advance !!

--
Thanks and Regards,
Amit

Re: What does Thread Name=1-299 (i.e. 1-xxx in general) suggest in Table Result of load test in JMeter?

Posted by Amit Kumar <am...@gmail.com>.
Dear Sebb, Thank you for your help !!

So, for Thread Group 1, user 287, a generated sample time is onlt for the
'287th' user and not for '287 users'?

I am going through User manual, but I haven't seen yet that how to analyze
the results (I used Table View for result)?

Thanks,

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 21 March 2012 05:52, Amit Kumar <am...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear All:
>
> I ran a load test and got result in Table View.  I got following entries in
> Thread Name and Response Time columns.
>
> Thread Name                     Sample Time
>  Thread Group 1-287
> 47902  Thread Group 1-165
> 49269  Thread Group 1-119
> 49917
> My question are as follows:
>
> 1. For Thread Name- '1-287' there is Sample Time=47902 ms. So, is this
> Sample Time for *'287th'* user or *'1 to 287'* users or *287
> users*collectively?

Thread Group 1, user 287.

Since there can be multiple thread groups with the same name "Thread
Group" the instance has to be identified somehow.

> 2. What is Sample Time?

Elapsed time for the sample.