Posted to users@camel.apache.org by Scott England-Sullivan <su...@gmail.com> on 2012/08/27 22:49:54 UTC

Camel CXF Transport?

Hello All,

Wondering why the Camel CXF Transport isn't listed on the component page of
the WIKI?

Thanks,
Scott ES

Scott England-Sullivan
----------------------------------
FuseSource
Web:     http://www.fusesource.com
Blog:     http://sully6768.blogspot.com
Twitter: sully6768

Re: Camel CXF Transport?

Posted by Scott England-Sullivan <su...@gmail.com>.
Hi Willem,

I just returned from holiday and wanted to follow up on this topic.

I understand your point about it being a transport and not a component but
that shouldn't keep the documentation from being on the "component" page.
 If that how the Camel team sees it then it should be included with the
Camel CXF component documentation.  It is an important part of the library
as it allows you to substitute any Camel transport in for those provided by
CXF.

Also, regarding the following:

*Actually it is not a camel component, it's a CXF transport component, you
can't use it directly with camel unless you put it into a CXF endpoint.*

When you say "CXF endpoint" I am assuming you mean the CXF API and not
the Camel CXF Endpoint.  Is that accurate?

On Mon, Aug 27, 2012 at 8:52 PM, Willem jiang <wi...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi Scott,
>
> Actually it is not a camel component, it's a CXF transport component, you
> can't use it directly with camel unless you put it into a CXF endpoint.
>

> --
> Willem Jiang
>
> FuseSource
> Web: http://www.fusesource.com (http://www.fusesource.com/)
> Blog: http://willemjiang.blogspot.com (http://willemjiang.blogspot.com/)
> (English)
>           http://jnn.javaeye.com (http://jnn.javaeye.com/) (Chinese)
> Twitter: willemjiang
> Weibo: willemjiang
>

> On Tuesday, August 28, 2012 at 4:49 AM, Scott England-Sullivan wrote:
>
> > Hello All,
> >
> > Wondering why the Camel CXF Transport isn't listed on the component page
> of
> > the WIKI?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Scott ES