Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by jmeter_user_2006 <it...@yahoo.com> on 2006/12/20 02:19:13 UTC

New to JMeter...pointers needed

Hi,

I am new to JMeter and would like to have some questions answered.

I am currently load testing a Java standalone class which accepts a bunch of
arguments and does some processing work and returns a String output. I wrote
my own class by extending the AbstractJavaSamplerClient class. Now I would
like to compare if the returned output matches the expected one.. How do I
go about doing this?

Any help is appreciated

Thanks

Re: New to JMeter...pointers needed

Posted by Marc Anthony Winoto <ma...@netregistry.com.au>.
When I wrote my own client/server, I simply opened a TCP connection and sent correct messages.
Then I put a Response Assertion after the listener to check that the response was correct.

But I wasn't interested in whether my client was correct, at that point. I was just load testing
the server and the regex was there to double check the responses.

Posted by jmeter_user_2006 <it...@yahoo.com>.
yes, I agree.

Posted by Marc Anthony Winoto <ma...@netregistry.com.au>.