Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Jason Venner <jv...@ning.com> on 2010/02/17 17:38:00 UTC

Re: create requesthandler with default shard parameter for different query parser, stock solr 1.4

Anyone come up with an answer for this?

I am using the blacklight ruby app and seems to require multiple handlers for different styles of queries.

In particular, what I am noticing is that the facet query using q=*:* seems to produce a single shard answer.

This query produces 1 result and facets for the single result:
http://host:8983/solr/select?rows=10&q=*:*&facet.field=field1&facet.field=field2&spellcheck.q=*:*&wt=standard&qt=search&sort=
While
http://host:8983/solr/select?rows=10&q=*:*&facet.field=field1&facet.field=field2&spellcheck.q=*:*&wt=standard&qt=standard&sort=
Produces the faceting across the full shard space.

There is a requesthandler for "search" and for "standard"
"search" is defType=dismax, and has a shard parameter set that is identical to "standard".

Searches for actual terms seem to work correctly across both "standard" and "search".

On 1/21/10 12:05 PM, "Joe Calderon" <ca...@gmail.com> wrote:

thx much, i see now, having request handlers with the same name as the
query parsers was confusing me, i do however have an additional
problem, if i use defType it does indeed use the right query parser
but is there a way to not send all the query parameters in the url
(qf, pf, bf etc), its the main reason im creating the new request
handler, or do i put them all as defaults under my new request handler
and let the query parser use whichever ones it supports?