Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by teh j <to...@yahoo.com.au> on 2001/06/29 06:45:51 UTC

CONTEXTS

Hello all

I am currently trying to create a new context to run
under Tomcat

I have created a new folder underneath webapps called
'onsale' and have defined it in server.xml

However, when I restart Tomcat, it does not appear to
be picked up.

Is there anything else that needs to be done to define
a context?

Do I explicitly need a .war file to create the
'onsale' context?

any help is appreciated

Jason

http://messenger.yahoo.com.au - Yahoo! Messenger
- Voice chat, mail alerts, stock quotes and favourite news and lots more!

Re: CONTEXTS

Posted by Vikram Naik <vi...@patni.com>.
Hello Jason ,
                    For configuring a context in Tomcat u need to do
following things .

1 .  Make a folder with the name of  context  anywhere inside tomcat Dir.
2 .  Define it by describing your context in Server.xml with the use of the
      tag
      <Context path=" the url ext u want after http://yourhost:yourport/ "
                 docBase=" path of your context under tomcat dir "
                 crossContext="true"
                 debug="0"
                 reloadable="true"
                 trusted="false" >
        </Context>

After going all this Start your server

And Congratulations Your Context is Up!!! :-)

If  any  comments pls feel free to express yourself .

Vikram Naik

_