Posted to users@camel.apache.org by codemonkey73 <bp...@progenygenetics.com> on 2013/04/23 19:13:36 UTC

can you make PropertyPlaceholder resolution aware of its CamelContext?

I'm trying to make properties that are used in PropertyPlaceholders
configurable, so they can be updated and stored in a database, and then the
database property values will be checked first. It looks like Spring 3.1's
PropertySources might help with that. I just learned about those, but up
until now I was trying to make it work by extending
BridgePropertyPlaceholderConfigurer.  But the problem I have is that I have
a different set of properties per CamelContext.  So when the properties are
resolved, I need them to be aware of the CamelContext they are in, so I can
look up the correct properties in the db.

Is there a way to have the property resolution aware of its CamelContext?

Initially, we were using the <propertyPlaceholder> tag within
<CamelContext>. But when I started experimenting with extending
BridgePropertyPlaceholderConfigurer, I did that with a general <bean> in the
application context XML file (which can contain > 1 CamelContexts) and
removed the <propertyPlaceholder>.