Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by "Dennis E. Hamilton" <de...@acm.org> on 2011/06/22 04:20:13 UTC

Licensing odma.h (was RE: Some more strange files in the OOo code - the Ghost of ODMA Past)

The ODMA Support showed up in the Novell editions of OpenOffice.org.

I don't think the copyright notice in odma.h should be a problem. What is missing is any additional information about the license.  Also not sure why you need it if there is no code that uses it in the base distribution.

If you want, I am sure I can make an updated version of the file, clear it with Betsy Fanning at AIIM (although that BSD-style license is meant to apply to all current code), and post an updated odma.h on the web site.

Is that useful or would I be wasting my time?

 - Dennis

Posted by "Dennis E. Hamilton" <de...@acm.org>.
OK, since there is apparently no dependency on odma.h, I am not going to do anything.  When someone has a dependency, I'm available.

 - Dennis

> On 22.06.2011 04:20, Dennis E. Hamilton wrote:
>> The ODMA Support showed up in the Novell editions of OpenOffice.org.
>>
>> I don't think the copyright notice in odma.h should be a problem.
>> What is missing is any additional information about the license.
>> Also not sure why you need it if there is no code that uses it in the
>> base distribution.
>>
>> If you want, I am sure I can make an updated version of the file,
>> clear it with Betsy Fanning at AIIM (although that BSD-style license
>> is meant to apply to all current code), and post an updated odma.h on
>> the web site.
>>
>> Is that useful or would I be wasting my time?
>  From the view of the "old" OOo project ODMA integration is not built,
> but at least a downstream version of OOo is using it. So we should not
> drop it. Thus enabling us to use a "clean" header would be appreciated.

+1

> My suggestion is as follows: we don't need to wait for odma.h, for the
> time being we just don't take it with us. If you provide us with a file
> with a suitable license, we can add it later.

+1, this makes perfect sense.

- Kai.

Posted by Kai Sommerfeld <ka...@gmx.de>.
Hi,

Posted by Mathias Bauer <Ma...@gmx.net>.
Hi Dennis,

On 22.06.2011 04:20, Dennis E. Hamilton wrote:
> The ODMA Support showed up in the Novell editions of OpenOffice.org.
>
> I don't think the copyright notice in odma.h should be a problem.
> What is missing is any additional information about the license.
> Also not sure why you need it if there is no code that uses it in the
> base distribution.
>
> If you want, I am sure I can make an updated version of the file,
> clear it with Betsy Fanning at AIIM (although that BSD-style license
> is meant to apply to all current code), and post an updated odma.h on
> the web site.
>
> Is that useful or would I be wasting my time?
 From the view of the "old" OOo project ODMA integration is not built,