Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Asaf Mesika <as...@gmail.com> on 2012/07/17 14:35:26 UTC

Disable table works, but truncate says table does not exists

Hi there,

I have a strange situation on one of my tables in HBase:

* disable/describe 'my_table' works (using HBase shell)
* truncate/drop doesn't - yells table does not exists.

How do I fix it?

HBase Shell quote:

hbase(main):003:0> disable 'my_table'
0 row(s) in 0.0480 seconds

hbase(main):004:0> truncate 'my_table'
Truncating 'my_table' table (it may take a while):

ERROR: Unknown table my_table!

Re: Disable table works, but truncate says table does not exists

Posted by Miguel Costa <mi...@telecom.pt>.
I had the same problem a while ago.

I fixed this way:

Stopped hbase, connect to Zookepper (hbase zkcli), My table was in
/hbase/tables.

Deleted this entry. What was happening in my case was that zookepper
"locked" the table in a strange way.

I'm using cloudera distribution.

Miguel Costa