Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by jairojara <ja...@hotmail.com> on 2016/08/10 17:20:06 UTC

ActiveMQ Defaul admin password change

Hello,

I have ActiveMQ 5.11.1

I am trying to change the default password for the Web Console.

I have this setting enabled in the jetty.xml file.

<property name="authenticate" value="true" />

I have changed the password in the jetty-realm.properties file:

admin:AwesomeNewPassword, admin
user:AwesomeNewPassword, user

I have restarted ActiveMQ, but the changes don't take effect. I can still
access to the Web Console using the default admin credentials.

Any advise?

Re: ActiveMQ Defaul admin password change

Posted by jairojara <ja...@hotmail.com>.
Hello Hassem,

Thank you for the support. I found out the issue. Just for the record the
only change needed was to modify the jetty-realm.properties. My issue was
that I had 2 versions activemq-5.10 and activemq-5.11 in the server. I
deleted the older version and the changes where finally applied.

Jairo

Re: ActiveMQ Defaul admin password change

Posted by Hassen Bennour <be...@gmail.com>.
i also done the test on CentOS and it's works fine when i change the
password after restart.

Kind regards.

*BENNOUR HASSEN*

*SOA **Architect **/ **Java **Software Engineer*

> I tested that on windows
> Le 11 août 2016 21:26, "Hassen Bennour" <be...@gmail.com> a
> écrit :
>
>> The only things i done is to download your version, start it , connect to
>> the web console with admin/admin , stopped the broker, changed the pwd,
>> start the broker, retry with admin/admin and cannot log on, tried with the
>> new password and i log on.
>> The only difference as i see is that you restart the broker and i
>> stop/start.
>> Can you try stop/ start ?
>> Le 11 août 2016 18:35, "jairojara" <ja...@hotmail.com> a écrit :
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I reverted credentials.properties to :
>>>
>>> activemq.username=system
>>> activemq.password=manager

Posted by Hassen Bennour <be...@gmail.com>.
I tested that on windows

Posted by Hassen Bennour <be...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Hassen Bennour <be...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

sorry you have reason I misspoke, I meant to add the credentials.properties as
mentioned or updated it if needed.

I done a test with a fresh download of ActiveMQ 5.11.1 and only changed the
password in the jetty-realm.properties file like you done
admin:AwesomeNewPassword, admin
 , restart and this works only with AwesomeNewPassword , you can revert the
credentials.properties.

did you have changed another configs ?

Posted by jairojara <ja...@hotmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Tim Bain <tb...@alumni.duke.edu>.
I don't see updating credentials.properties mentioned anywhere on that
page.  If it needs to be, I can update the page, but I'd need you to
provide an explanation of what changes are needed and why they're needed.

Tim

Posted by jairojara <ja...@hotmail.com>.
Hi,

Thanks for the response.

I changed credentials.properties to the following:

activemq.password=AwesomeNewPassword

I also modified the users.properties

admin=AwesomeNewPassword

I still can log to the Web console as admin/admin.

Re: ActiveMQ Defaul admin password change

Posted by Hassen Bennour <be...@gmail.com>.
Hello ,