Posted to dev@karaf.apache.org by Jean-Baptiste Onofre <jb...@nanthrax.net> on 2021/03/09 11:56:08 UTC

[VOTE] Apache Karaf runtime 4.2.11 release

Hi everyone,

I submit Apache Karaf runtime 4.2.11 to your vote.

This release includes bunch of dependency upgrades, fixes, and improvements, especially:

- fix on SSH stream
- fix on log:* commands
- improvement on the JMX layer (especially JMXMP)
- env/prop interpolation support on the SSH client
- add property to disable auto refresh in features service
- stronger JAAS encryption algorithms support
- updated Spring versions
- and much more !

Please take a look on Release Notes for details !

Release Notes:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12311140&version=12348692

Staging Repository:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachekaraf-1154/

Staging Dist:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/karaf/4.2.11/

Git tag:
karaf-4.2.11

Please vote to approve this release:

[ ] +1 Approve the release
[ ] -1 Don't approve the release (please provide specific comments)

Regards
JB

[RESULT][VOTE] Apache Karaf runtime 4.2.11 release

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofre <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi everyone,

This vote passed with the following result:

+1 (binding): François Papon, Grzegorz Grzybek, Jamie Goodyear, Freeman Fang, Achim Nierbeck, JB Onofré
+1 (non binding): Lukas Roedl, Robert Varga, Romain Manni-Bucau, Matt Pavlovich, Steinar Bang

I’m promoting the artifacts on Maven Central and dist, update Jira, and I will announce the release.

Thanks all for your vote !

No, focus on 4.3.1 and 5.0 ;)

Regards
JB

Re: [VOTE] Apache Karaf runtime 4.2.11 release

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofre <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by "Jamie G." <ja...@gmail.com>.
+1

Cheers,
Jamie

Posted by Grzegorz Grzybek <gr...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Steinar Bang <sb...@dod.no>.

> Release Notes:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12311140&version=12348692

Yay! The BOM is in place! :-)

+1 (non-binding)

Re: [VOTE] Apache Karaf runtime 4.2.11 release

Posted by Achim Nierbeck <bc...@googlemail.com.INVALID>.
+1

thanks JB

--

Apache Member
Project Lead

Re: [VOTE] Apache Karaf runtime 4.2.11 release

Posted by Freeman Fang <fr...@gmail.com>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
+1 (non binding)

Romain Manni-Bucau

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofre <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi,

Posted by Grzegorz Grzybek <gr...@gmail.com>.
Hello

wt., 9 mar 2021 o 23:27 Robert Varga <ni...@hq.sk> napisał(a):

> On 09/03/2021 12:56, Jean-Baptiste Onofre wrote:
> > Hi everyone,
> >
> > I submit Apache Karaf runtime 4.2.11 to your vote.
>
> [snip]
>
> I ran smoke tests with odlparent-7.0.x.
>
> There are two new misalignments between karaf-4.2.11 and pax-web-7.2.23:
> - javax.interceptor-api/1.2.2 vs 1.2
> - org.apache.servicemix.bundles.javax-inject/1_3 vs 1_2

Yes, sorry for this inconvenience. I had to bump these two after test
failures related to new Pax Jdbc + Transx + JMS... Remember, it can always
be solved with (etc/org.apache.karaf.features.xml):

<featuresProcessing xmlns="
http://karaf.apache.org/xmlns/features-processing/v1.0.0">
  <bundleReplacements>
    <bundle
originalUri="mvn:org.apache.servicemix.bundles/org.apache.servicemix.bundles.javax-inject/1_2"

replacement="mvn:org.apache.servicemix.bundles/org.apache.servicemix.bundles.javax-inject/1_3"
mode="maven" />
    <bundle originalUri="mvn:javax.interceptor/javax.interceptor-api/[1,2)"

replacement="mvn:javax.interceptor/javax.interceptor-api/1.2.2"
mode="maven" />

regards
Grzegorz Grzybek

Posted by Robert Varga <ni...@hq.sk>.

Posted by Matt Pavlovich <ma...@gmail.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

- downloaded and started
- confirmed jmxmp w/ SASL Plain works
- confirmed ssh client

Thank you!
Matt Pavlovich

AW: [VOTE] Apache Karaf runtime 4.2.11 release

Posted by Roedl Lukas <Lu...@ait.ac.at>.
+1 (non-binding)

regards,
Lukas

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofre <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi Eric,

Yes KARAF-6948 should be fixed in 4.2.11.

Regards
JB

Posted by Eric Lilja <mi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by fp...@apache.org.