Posted to dev@ignite.apache.org by Mikhail Cherkasov <mc...@gridgain.com> on 2017/06/01 10:32:44 UTC

Re: contention on DataStructure creation/removing

On Thu, Jun 1, 2017 at 1:29 AM, Dmitriy Setrakyan <ds...@apache.org>
wrote:

> Won't it be confusing from a user stand point to have multiple data
> structures with the same name?

I won't change this, optionally I can allow to have the same name for
different data structures' types,
but it's better to keep single namespace for all data structures as it's
implemented now.

> Also, what is the performance impact of this
> change?

I'm working on a benchmark.

Mikhail.

Re: contention on DataStructure creation/removing

Posted by Ilya Lantukh <il...@gridgain.com>.
Alexey,

I think, that from user's perspective data structures look more like a
library that works on top of caches, not something completely separate and
independent. Most properties from CacheConfiguration make sense for Atomics
and Collections (for example, properties related to rebalancing). We can
always validate cache config in methods that create data structure and
throw exception if it is incorrect.

But simply adding groupName to AtomicConfiguration is fine too.

--
Best regards,
Ilya

Re: contention on DataStructure creation/removing

Posted by Yakov Zhdanov <yz...@apache.org>.
Agree with Alex.

Posted by Alexey Goncharuk <al...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ilya Lantukh <il...@gridgain.com>.

--
Best regards,
Ilya

Re: contention on DataStructure creation/removing

Posted by Ilya Lantukh <il...@gridgain.com>.
Hi all,

--
Best regards,