Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Glen Stormbind <gl...@nuws.net> on 2002/09/19 01:27:33 UTC

[users@httpd] 404 handler / mod_include / confusion

Hey, nobody replied to my previous Apache question! :(

I still have the same problem. Data is given to a parsed file, which it
uses to include content. For the sake of argument, lets call the var
$QUERY_STRING.

If that content doesn't exist, an error is logged by Apache and the page
malformed so a simple file validation is desired.

I had thought this might work but it doesn't:

<!--#IF EXPR="\"$FLASTMOD FILE=\"$QUERY_STRING\" = \"\"" -->
<P>Content does not exist</P>
<P>Content does exist</P>
<!--#ENDIF -->

Perhaps the above isn't coded right but it seems mod_include cannot
handle one expression being nested inside another. There's a solution to
every problem but I don't seem able to find it.

Alternatively, and even better, could a 404 Error be invoked?