Posted to dev@tinkerpop.apache.org by Marko Rodriguez <ok...@gmail.com> on 2015/03/11 18:42:08 UTC

Deploying Java/Ascii-Docs to the Apache TinkerPop Website

Hi,

Now that Matt Franklin has got us set up with SNAPSHOT deployment of the binaries. I would like to get our JavaDocs and AsciiDocs deployed to the Apache TinkerPop website.

Here is what I think needs to happens and it would be great to get some insight as I'm a little sketchy on build servers/etc.

	1. We currently have an SVN repo for our website. When you "svn co" the following URL gets updated:
		http://tinkerpop.incubator.apache.org/
	2. We have the JavaDoc built and written to a directory off of this SVN repo.
	3. We have the AsciiDoc built and written to a directory off of this SVN repo.
	4. The links on the webpage point to these locations.

This seems easy enough. ? However, as I see it, we need to delete the "javadoc/" and "asciidoc/" directory in SVN on each doc release. Finally, this all needs to happen via some script that is on some build server. That build server will have password information contained in it….

Thoughts?,
Marko.

http://markorodriguez.com

Re: Deploying Java/Ascii-Docs to the Apache TinkerPop Website

Posted by Stephen Mallette <sp...@gmail.com>.
I have the basics of this working.  My script is pretty dumpy, because i'm
useless when it comes to shell scripting, but at least it works:

https://github.com/apache/incubator-tinkerpop/blob/master/bin/publish-docs.sh

You can see the docs here (note that there are problems with asciidoc
generation right now related to that GraphTraversalContext refactoring, so
docs look incomplete):

http://tinkerpop.incubator.apache.org/site/docs/3.0.0-SNAPSHOT/
http://tinkerpop.incubator.apache.org/site/javadocs/3.0.0-SNAPSHOT/core/
http://tinkerpop.incubator.apache.org/site/javadocs/3.0.0-SNAPSHOT/full/

Daniel Kuppitz is going to clean up my messy script and get it looking
nice.  Once he's done there, we should be good to go with this.