Posted to dev@flink.apache.org by Rui Li <li...@apache.org> on 2020/04/01 08:24:34 UTC

[DISCUSS] FLIP-123: DDL and DML compatibility for Hive connector

Hi devs,

I'd like to start a discussion about bringing DDL & DML compatibility for
Hive connector. The proposal mainly aims to implement more DDLs for Hive
connector and allow users to write Hive syntax when using the Hive dialect.
Hopefully this will make it easier for users to migrate to Flink, with
fewer SQL statements that need to be changed.

Please find more details in the FLIP wiki [1]. Feedbacks and suggestions
are appreciated.

[1]
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/FLINK/FLIP-123%3A+DDL+and+DML+compatibility+for+Hive+connector

--
Cheers,
Rui Li

Re: [DISCUSS] FLIP-123: DDL and DML compatibility for Hive connector

Posted by Rui Li <li...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Jingsong for the explanation and it makes sense. I have updated the
FLIP. Let me know if that reflects what you have in mind.

Posted by Jingsong Li <ji...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

--
Best, Jingsong Lee

Re: [DISCUSS] FLIP-123: DDL and DML compatibility for Hive connector

Posted by Rui Li <li...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jingsong,

Posted by Jingsong Li <ji...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Rui for diving.

--
Best, Jingsong Lee

Re: [DISCUSS] FLIP-123: DDL and DML compatibility for Hive connector

Posted by Rui Li <li...@gmail.com>.
Hi Kurt,

Posted by Kurt Young <yk...@gmail.com>.
Hi Rui,