Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by khandelwalanuj <kh...@gmail.com> on 2014/07/01 08:51:58 UTC

ActiveMQ APIs for C and CPP

Hi,

I am trying to understand ActiveMQ support for C and CPP clients. I have
gone through the documentation but it is really old for example:

http://activemq.apache.org/cms/stomp-support.html :
talk about "Currently the Stomp protocol is at V1.0 and doesn't supply the
necessary features in the protocol to allow the use of Failover with a Stomp
based Transport. "

-- Currently STOMP 1.1, 1.2 are there which provide completely durable
"failover" support.

I want to know current ActiveMQ support for C and CPP clients. Is support
still exist or it is deprecated ?

Thanks,
Anuj

Re: ActiveMQ APIs for C and CPP

Posted by Timothy Bish <ta...@gmail.com>.
On 07/01/2014 02:51 AM, khandelwalanuj wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to understand ActiveMQ support for C and CPP clients. I have
> gone through the documentation but it is really old for example:
>
> http://activemq.apache.org/cms/stomp-support.html :
> talk about "Currently the Stomp protocol is at V1.0 and doesn't supply the
> necessary features in the protocol to allow the use of Failover with a Stomp
> based Transport. "
>
> -- Currently STOMP 1.1, 1.2 are there which provide completely durable
> "failover" support.
>
> I want to know current ActiveMQ support for C and CPP clients. Is support
> still exist or it is deprecated ?
>

> Thanks,
> Anuj

The CMS client is primarily an OpenWire client providing near feature
parity with the Java based OpenWire client.  There is limited STOMP
support (no failover for STOMP).

There are other lightweight STOMP based C client along with STOMP
client's for other scripting languages so you should evaluate your use
case and decide which is best for you.

--
Tim Bish
Sr Software Engineer | RedHat Inc.