Posted to asp@perl.apache.org by israel fenor <is...@cercleweb.com> on 2003/01/23 00:58:55 UTC

CPAN problem

Hi to all!!

I've tried to install Apache::ASP using CPAN. All works fine but when
the system try to get Digest::MD5 package can't do it, all messages
talks about "File not found"...

The package version is Digest-MD5-2.23.tar.gz and in the CPAN mirror
there are Digest-MD5-2.22.tar.gz version.

What can i do?

Thanks for advance.
--

*Israel Fenor* | Web Developer
israel@cercleweb.com <ma...@cercleweb.com>

cercleweb, S.L. - Muntaner, 305 pral 2º - 08021 Barcelona
Tel: 93 2411726 - Fax: 93 3621342

copyright © 2002 www.cercleweb.com <http://www.cercleweb.com>

Re: CPAN problem

Posted by Josh Chamas <jo...@chamas.com>.
israel fenor wrote:
> Hi to all!!
>
> I've tried to install Apache::ASP using CPAN. All works fine but when
> the system try to get Digest::MD5 package can't do it, all messages
> talks about "File not found"...

I believe modern perls ship with Digest::MD5 installed.

You can do a quick test to see if it is installed on your system by
running a command like:

    perl -MDigest::MD5 -e ''

and if there is no error output, then you have it installed.

I will update the docs to reflect that it is not needed to be
done now for recent perl distributions.

Regards,

Josh