Posted to c-users@xerces.apache.org by Ali_baba <su...@yahoo.com> on 2007/05/27 13:24:56 UTC

How to validate XML file with multiple schemas?

 I am trying to get a parser (xcerces-c DOM parser) to validate an XML file
that uses
> a schema which includes another schema definition.  All I
> want to do is define an attribute in one schema/namespace and
> reference it as a required attribute in another schema.  I've
> simplified the example to 3 files: main.xsd includes subMain.xsd, and
> main.xml is my instance doc.
>
> main.xsd (define element foo that requires subMain:type attribute):
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
> <xsd:schema targetNamespace="http://www.main.com/main"
> xmlns:subMain="http://www.subMain.com/subMain"
> attributeFormDefault="unqualified">
> 	<xsd:import namespace="http://www.subMain.com/subMain"
> schemaLocation="subMain.xsd"/>
> 	<xsd:element name="foo">
> 		<xsd:complexType>
> 			<xsd:attribute ref="subMain:type" use="required"/>
> 		</xsd:complexType>
> 	</xsd:element>
> </xsd:schema>
>
> subMain.xsd:
> <?xml version="1.0"?>
> <xsd:schema targetNamespace="http://www.subMain.com/subMain"
xmlns:anotherSchema = "http://www.anotherSchema.com/anotherSchema"
<xsd:import namespace="http://www.anotherSchema.com/anotherSchema"
schemaLocation="anotherSchema.xsd"/>
> 	<xsd:attribute name="type" type="xsd:string"/>
> </xsd:schema>
>
> main.xml:
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
> <foo xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
> xmlns:main="http://www.main.com/main"
> xmlns:subMain="http://www.subMain.com/subMain"
> xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.main.com/main main.xsd
> http://www.subMain.com/subMain subMain.xsd"
/>

main.xsd imports subMain.xsd
subMain.xsd imports anotherSchema.xsd
and so on ...

How do i validate it with xerces-c DOM parser ?? any example would be
helpful.