Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Dondi Imperial <di...@exist.com> on 2005/03/11 06:25:32 UTC

Bug in deployment?

Not sure if this is a bug but I thought I'd post it here.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<application
    xmlns="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/j2ee/application"
    configId="app"
    parentId="org/apache/geronimo/System"
    application-name="null">
    ...=
    <gbean name="ConnectorBuilder"
class="org.apache.geronimo.connector.deployment.ConnectorModuleBuilder">
    </gbean>

    <gbean name="somename" class="some_class">
        <reference
    </gbean>
</application>

The gbean "somename" will not start because it will look for the gbean
named
geronimo.server:J2EEApplication=null,J2EEServer=geronimo,j2eeType=ModuleBuilder,name=ConnectorBuilder,null=null
(note the null=null attribute/value pair at the end)
but the running gbean is named
joe.server:name=ConnectorBuilder,J2EEServer=joe,J2EEApplication=null,j2eeType=ModuleBuilder
(no null=null).

Intended behaviour or bug?

TIA,

--
Dondi Imperial
Software Engineer

Re: Bug in deployment?

Posted by Dondi Imperial <di...@exist.com>.
David Jencks wrote:

> On Mar 10, 2005, at 10:48 PM, Dondi Imperial wrote:
>
>> David Jencks wrote:
>>
>>> It's a bug, I filed it as
>>> http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO-606
>>>
>>> I'm thinking about what to do about it.
>>>
>>> Is there really a mismatch between the domain and server  on the 2
>>> names?  (joe/geronimo)
>>

>> Nope that was a typo.
>

> good, then I think there's only one problem :-)
>
> Can you try replacing line 51 of EarContext with this?
>
>         j2eeContext = new J2eeContextImpl(getDomain(), getServer(),
> j2eeApplicationName == null ? NameFactory.NULL : j2eeApplicationName,
> NameFactory.J2EE_MODULE, NameFactory.NULL, null, null);

That seemed to work.

Re: Bug in deployment?

Posted by David Jencks <dj...@gluecode.com>.

Re: Bug in deployment?

Posted by Dondi Imperial <di...@exist.com>.
David Jencks wrote:

> It's a bug, I filed it as
>
> I'm thinking about what to do about it.
>
> Is there really a mismatch between the domain and server  on the 2
> names?  (joe/geronimo)

Nope that was a typo.

Re: Bug in deployment?

Posted by David Jencks <dj...@gluecode.com>.