Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Josh Trutwin <jo...@trutwins.homeip.net> on 2004/09/15 22:57:48 UTC

[RDJ] Weird Rules Du Jour Warning

Hi,

Every time I run rules_du_jour (latest version) I get a warning/error
message, but I cannot tell where it is.  I changed perl to
/usr/bin/perl -w and this is what it displays:

# /root/bin/rules_du_jour
/root/bin/rules_du_jour: [: too many arguments
\1 better written as $1 at -e line 1.

The latter warning seems related to the CURL detection.

As near as I can guess the "[:" is coming from one of these lines:
PARSE_NEW_VER_SCRIPTS[0]="${PERL} -ne 'print if
/^\s*#.*(vers?|version|rev|revision)[:\.\s]*[0-9]/i;' | sort |
${TAIL}";

The error occurs right away before the bulk of output messages for
each rule.

I tried turning on -v on /bin/bash and it appears the message comes
from parsing:

[ ${PARSE_NEW_VER_SCRIPTS} ] || \
        declare -a PARSE_NEW_VER_SCRIPTS;               # Command to
run on the file to retrieve new version info
/root/bin/rules_du_jour: [: too many arguments

Tried to put this all on one line - same result.

Any thoughts?  My /etc/mail/rulesdujour can be found at:
http://www.netbits.us/rulesdujour

Oh - perl 5.6.1 on debian

Thanks,

Josh

Re: [RDJ] Weird Rules Du Jour Warning

Posted by Chris Thielen <cm...@someone.dhs.org>.
Hi Josh,

Would you try removing all the lines such as:
[ ${VARIABLE} ] || declare -a VARIABLE;
and then re-running?

I'm clueless what is causing this.  I'm not certain that
[ ${PARSE_NEW_VER_SCRIPTS} ] syntax is proper, but it's been working for
me for quite some time.    My system is also Debian (sarge).  I'm using
bash 2 now, but I just tried it on bash 3 and it worked with that as
well.

--
Chris Thielen

Easily generate SpamAssassin rules to catch obfuscated spam phrases
(0BFU$C/\TED SPA/\/\ P|-|RA$ES): http://www.sandgnat.com/cmos/

Keep up to date with the latest third party SpamAssassin Rulesets:
http://www.exit0.us/index.php/RulesDuJour

Re: [RDJ] Weird Rules Du Jour Warning

Posted by Josh Trutwin <jo...@trutwins.homeip.net>.

Posted by Chris Thielen <cm...@someone.dhs.org>.