Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Luca Mambretti <Lu...@bizeta.net> on 2015/12/14 11:13:27 UTC

Help for bug 2545

 Hi everyone,

a couple of weeks ago i created this bug:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FOP-2545#

The problem in short is that when I directly print a document, header and footer sections are truncated, the PDF output is fine.

Since it's now becoming quite critical for me I would love to try my luck at solving it myself.

I've already started by downloading the sources for 2.0 and setting up a debug environment, I do suspect the java2D renderer is to blame, but since I'm not that familiar with the sources I would like to ask if anyone that is, could point me in the correct direction.

Thany you in advance for your help,
Luca.

Re: Help for bug 2545

Posted by Luca Mambretti <Lu...@bizeta.net>.
 I've gotten a little further on this, now I'm able to obtain correct print and AWT output if I modify the method:

public boolean updateClip(Shape cl)

of the class:

org.apache.fop.render.java2d.Java2DGraphicsState

to never intersect new clips with older ones, this is most probably the wrong solution, since there might be cases when the intersect is really necessary, but at least for my use case it might be enough, i do not need any fancy rounding to the edges of the document, and AWT most probably do not support them anyway.

I'm not sure if it will be useful to add a patch with this modification to the bug, assuming I do not find any failing test cases, I still need to setup the junit bits for those.

Thank you again,
Luca.