Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Didier BRICHET <di...@laposte.net> on 2005/11/19 22:49:03 UTC

[m2] can't reach maven-proxy

Hello,

I'm trying maven in a corporate environnement.
My problem is to use maven-proxy, to sit on my main server and imitate
ibiblio.
To do this, on a Windows XP machine with internet connection, I set my
user settings (in .m2 directory) like this :
|<settings>
 <profiles>
   <profile>
     <id>myprofile</id>
     <repositories>
       <repository>
         <id>central</id>
         <name>your custom repo</name>
         <url>http://localhost:9999/repository</url>
       </repository>
     </repositories>
    <pluginRepositories>
       <pluginRepository>
         <id>central</id>
         <name>your custom repo</name>
         <url>http://localhost:9999/</url>
       </pluginRepository>
     </pluginRepositories>
   </profile>
 </profiles>

 <activeProfiles>
   <activeProfile>myprofile</activeProfile>
 </activeProfiles>
</settings>

Maven-proxy is running well (I can administrate it with a web browser at
http://localhost:9999)

In a empty directory, I try this
|mvn archetype:create -DgroupId=com.mycompany.app -DartifactId=my-app|

This work fine, but all downloads are done from
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2 !
And not from maven-proxy ! Maven-proxy cache is empty, and these no log
in it's command window.
It seems that maven do not reach maven-proxy.
What's wrong with my configuration ?

Thank's by advance.

--
              \|/
             -o o-

 Didier BRICHET
 Mél : didier.brichet@laposte.net

------oo00-----------00oo---------

Re: [m2] can't reach maven-proxy

Posted by Edwin Punzalan <ep...@exist.com>.
You should follow the guide...

Maven Proxy is a separate application.  A webserver to be exact.  When
it is already running, you will add the url of the maven-proxy
application to your project as a repository (preferably with an id
central) so your projects will look for artifacts in your local maven-proxy.

Re: [m2] can't reach maven-proxy

Posted by Didier Brichet <di...@laposte.net>.
Hi,

Re: [m2] can't reach maven-proxy