Posted to dev@mahout.apache.org by Trevor Grant <tr...@gmail.com> on 2018/05/22 23:01:54 UTC

[DISCUSS] Major Refactor

Hey all,

We've been stuck on 0.13.0 bc of wierd Scala dependencies.

The POMs are a mess. Partly bc we've switched engines.

Map Reduce has been deprecated since 2015 (three years as of April).

The week of June 4-June 9 I'm going to make a new branch and go slash and
burn cleaning up POMs moving required things from the HDFS/MR packages into
a new package. Deleting modules that don't seem to serve any point any more
(e.g. unless it it clear what something is doing, or it breaks something
when I delete it, its getting cut, wrt the < 0.10.0 stuff).

There will be a lot of JIRAs, and action, but it should all be on a dev
branch.  Following the purge, we'll be working on a release.

If you're interested in helping out, please make some time then (and maybe
email me offline so I know to loop you in).

I'm open to comments.

Re: [DISCUSS] Major Refactor

Posted by Andrew Musselman <an...@gmail.com>.
I can spend a couple hours a day on this that week, thanks for organizing!