Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Bogomil Shopov <sh...@gmail.com> on 2012/01/13 17:20:06 UTC

admins, can you add something like [struts] before every subject

Can you add, please something like [struts] before every subject.

--
Bogomil "Bogo" Shopov

Internet enthusiast in motion
http://about.me/bogo <http://talkweb.eu>

#JRebel Community Guy, #OpenWeb Hacker, #Pirate Politician, #Web Programmer
and a Father. #Mozilla, #OpenData & #Foss Rebellion. #Bulgarian Living in
#Prague.

Re: admins, can you add something like [struts] before every subject

Posted by Alex Choi <ay...@gmail.com>.
Good point.

Also someone may accidentally post a Struts 1 question in a Struts 2 user
group or vice versa.  Or one not being sure, may cross post message to both
(or all) Struts user groups.  Yup, this could open "a can of worms".
 There's no guarantee that everyone will post to the correct Struts user
group (this could happen to me as well :)).

I generally find after reading a post and people's related follow ups,
which which version of Struts is in question.  I agree with the OP that it
is difficult to separate and/or filter messages by Struts version can be a
challenge but there's doesn't appear to be a simple solution.

This user group is great place any Struts users to seek help.

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Jan 13, 2012 at 7:15 PM, Dave Newton <da...@gmail.com> wrote:
> This has been brought up many times in the past--I don't see the point any
> more; traffic is low for both.

I don't think any of the Apache mailing lists have a prefix, at least
none of the ones I'm on do, and a random sampling of
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/ doesn't show any.  At this
late date I don't think it's something we'd add.

--
Wendy

Re: admins, can you add something like [struts] before every subject

Posted by Dave Newton <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Alex Choi <ay...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Dave Newton <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Gabriel Belingueres <be...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Brian Thompson <el...@gmail.com>.
My gmail filter for this mailing list is as follows:

Matches: to:(user@struts.apache.org)
Do this: Skip Inbox, Apply label "struts"

Brian

Posted by Wes Wannemacher <we...@wantii.com>.

Posted by Dave Newton <da...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Jan 13, 2012 at 11:54 AM, Bogomil wrote:

> 0.because it's normal for a discussion list

Meh--mine seem to be evenly split with a slight edge to
lists-that-don't-tag.

> 1. Because if you are subscribed for more than 10 of them, you may need
> some kind of way to recognize what is this about

I use tags and move them into a set of folders based on other
criteria--much more flexible this way anyway.

Dave

Re: admins, can you add something like [struts] before every subject

Posted by Bogomil Shopov <sh...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Maurizio Cucchiara <mc...@apache.org>.
Can you explain why?