Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "NIPP, SCOTT V (SBCSI)" <sn...@sbc.com> on 2002/03/06 16:07:18 UTC

Starting Apache with SSL...

	I know that this has got to be a common question, but I can't seem
to fine the answer anywhere...  Is there a way to start Apache with SSL,
that does not require you to input a password?  My big thing is that I want
Apache to start when the system does, but I can't figure out how to get
around the SSL key password prompt.  Thanks, and I apologize in advance if
this is in a FAQ somewhere.

Scott Nipp
Systems Analyst
SBC Long Distance
(214) 858-1289

Re: Starting Apache with SSL...

Posted by Owen Boyle <ob...@bourse.ch>.
"NIPP, SCOTT V (SBCSI)" wrote:

>         I know that this has got to be a common question, but I can't seem
> to fine the answer anywhere...  Is there a way to start Apache with SSL,
> that does not require you to input a password?  My big thing is that I want
> Apache to start when the system does, but I can't figure out how to get
> around the SSL key password prompt.  Thanks, and I apologize in advance if
> this is in a FAQ somewhere.

Apologies accepted - it is at:
http://www.modssl.org/docs/2.8/ssl_faq.html#ToC31 :-)

You might like to join the mod_ssl mailing list
http://www.modssl.org/support/ which will be useful if you're going to
get into SSL.

Rgds,

Owen Boyle.