Posted to dev@openjpa.apache.org by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com> on 2007/05/02 21:31:25 UTC

Can openjpa scan directories for classes (such as WEB-INF/classes)?

I'm having some trouble getting openjpa to work properly with
persistence units directly in unpacked wars in geronimo, and before I
spend a lot of time looking for dead ends I wonder if anyone knows if
there are some circumstances in which openjpa can scan for classes in
an unpacked directory such as WEB-INF/classes?  Right now in the
geronimo integration openjpa seems to be trying to read the directory
as if it is an xml file, which fails with a SAX exception:

Caused by: java.io.IOException: org.xml.sax.SAXException: file:/Users/
david/geronimo/svn/(.....).war/WEB-INF/classes/ [Location: Line: 1,
C: 1]: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Content is not allowed in prolog.
         at
org.apache.openjpa.lib.meta.XMLMetaDataParser.parseNewResource
(XMLMetaDataParser.java:376)
         at org.apache.openjpa.lib.meta.XMLMetaDataParser.parse
(XMLMetaDataParser.java:315)
         at org.apache.openjpa.lib.meta.XMLMetaDataParser.parse
(XMLMetaDataParser.java:292)
         at org.apache.openjpa.lib.meta.XMLMetaDataParser.parse
(XMLMetaDataParser.java:266)
         at
org.apache.openjpa.persistence.PersistenceMetaDataFactory.parseXML
(PersistenceMetaDataFactory.java:234)

thanks
david jencks

Re: Can openjpa scan directories for classes (such as WEB-INF/classes)?

Posted by Florent BENOIT <Fl...@objectweb.org>.
    David,

I think I provided some tips for the solution but no attached patch.
In the comments of this bug, I explained why OpenJPA take the wrong path
with exploded archive.

But I'm interested in any solution :)

Best Regards,

Florent