Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by xie min <xi...@gmail.com> on 2006/04/22 15:16:57 UTC

problem whit wml component

Hi everyone,
There is someting strange when I use the wml component <wap:inputText/>.
In my login.jsp, I use the tag like this: <wap:inputText id="name" value="#{
someBean.name}"/>,and it will be render just like this:<input id="_id0_name"
name="_id0_name"/>.
there is not the value attribute in the input tag!!
When I use the M3Gate wap simulator, the value can be seen, but when I use
the Opera, no value will be seen.
Who can tell me that how the value can be see without a value attribute in
the input tag?
thx
-xiemin

Re: problem whit wml component

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.
btw. here is a nice firefox plugin ([1]) to browser WML apps.

[1] http://wmlbrowser.mozdev.org/

--
Matthias Wessendorf
Aechterhoek 18

Re: problem whit wml component

Posted by xie min <xi...@gmail.com>.
I also find a strange behavior whit the Opera browser, when I submit a form,
the request parameter value is wrong.
The tag is <wap:inputText id="name" value="#{someBean.name}"/>.
The output source is <postfield name="_id0_name" value="$(_id0_name)" />.
The parameter name is _id0_name, and the value is *_id0_name)*.
It seens that Opera resolve the variable $(_id0_name) wrong, anyone meet
this problem
whit Opera?

Posted by xie min <xi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by xie min <xi...@gmail.com>.