Posted to users@maven.apache.org by mavenstart <j2...@yahoo.com> on 2007/03/22 01:11:58 UTC

If it's possible to define a goal to choose the step to run

I was told that I could define a goal for choosing some of maven life cycle
steps to do a customized build. But I just could not find any way to do it
with Maven 2. The goal is always tied to the associated plug-in, unless
witting a customized plugin, but how to specify the steps to execute in the
plugin?

Please help!

Re: If it's possible to define a goal to choose the step to run

Posted by Napoleon Esmundo Ramirez <nr...@gmail.com>.
A solution for (1) could be doing an `mvn package -Dmaven.test.skip=true`.
The '-Dmaven.test.skip=true' skips the test phase.  For (2), invoking `mvn
test` will run the tests, after compiling the classes of course.  I'm not
sure about (3), but try invoking `mvn antrun:run`.

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.
On 3/21/07, mavenstart <j2...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I was told that I could define a goal for choosing some of maven life cycle
> steps to do a customized build. But I just could not find any way to do it
> with Maven 2. The goal is always tied to the associated plug-in, unless
> witting a customized plugin, but how to specify the steps to execute in the
> plugin?

Can you explain what you need Maven to do, in terms of the problem
you're trying to solve?

--
Wendy